Windows 10: Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname}

Discus and support Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname} in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Idk what the error is for but whenever I launch my pc I get this error. I get this on startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AliRaza269, Jul 23, 2023.

  1. Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname}


    Idk what the error is for but whenever I launch my pc I get this error. I get this on startup

    :)
     
    AliRaza269, Jul 23, 2023
    #1

  2. Renaming C:\Users\<user>, then saving to it

    Hi,

    I have a local Windows account.

    I did the following (after logging in):

    1. Rename C:\Users\MyName to C:\Users\SomeOtherName
    2. Move files to it
    3. Name it back to the original C:\Users\MyName
    Now I can't access my files, even after trying to rename again.

    What should I do?
     
    RobertAnkle, Jul 23, 2023
    #2
  3. c:\users\myname\allmyfiles\subfiles\whatever.

    No it is not, for these reasons:

    • You will not be able to delete your profile folder while logged on.
    • If you were to delete it by some other means then your account will be crippled at the next logon because Windows will be looking for the original profile folder which no longer exists.
     
    Frederik Long, Jul 23, 2023
    #3
  4. Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname}

    Renaming C:\Users\<user>, then saving to it

    Windows will not let you rename your own profile folder while you are logged on.

    What exactly did you do, and why?
     
    Frederik Long, Jul 23, 2023
    #4
Thema:

Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname}

Loading...
  1. Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname} - Similar Threads - find Users{myname}

  2. Windows is unable to find a default server with Active Directory Web Services running

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows is unable to find a default server with Active Directory Web Services running: [ATTACH]If you are working with Active Directory through PowerShell and see an error such as Unable to find a default server with Active Directory Web Services running, the problem is usually not with the PowerShell command itself. Windows is trying to locate a domain...
  3. Cannot find OS partitions for disk 0 MBR2GPT Conversion failed

    in Windows 10 News
    Cannot find OS partitions for disk 0 MBR2GPT Conversion failed: [ATTACH]MBR2GPT is a command-line utility for Windows computers that allows users to convert their hard disks from MBR to GPT without data loss. Sometimes, the tool fails to convert the disk and throws an error. “Cannot find OS partitions for disk 0 MBR2GPT” is one such error...
  4. You may not find your processor anymore on Windows 11's supported list of CPUs

    in Windows 10 News
    You may not find your processor anymore on Windows 11's supported list of CPUs: Can a PC run Windows 11? One of the metrics that Microsoft uses to determine that is the processors of the system. If it is too old or does not support certain features, it may not support Windows 11 officially or even unofficially. Up until now, you could head over to the...
  5. Bluetooth not finding any devices

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not finding any devices: Hi,I have a bizarre problem with Bluetooth on my motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX 870-I Wifi where it doesn't discover any devices - it just keeps scanning endlessly.I have uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled - Still nothingWent to serrvices.msc and changed the start up to...
  6. Bluetooth not finding any devices

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not finding any devices: Hi,I have a bizarre problem with Bluetooth on my motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX 870-I Wifi where it doesn't discover any devices - it just keeps scanning endlessly.I have uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled - Still nothingWent to serrvices.msc and changed the start up to...
  7. can't find my removable disk D: when flash drive is inserted

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find my removable disk D: when flash drive is inserted: can't find my removable disk D: when flash drive is inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-removable-disk-d-when-flash-drive-is/3f00a0a9-0750-47e5-b374-cb0055b04a11
  8. can't find my removable disk D: when flash drive is inserted

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find my removable disk D: when flash drive is inserted: can't find my removable disk D: when flash drive is inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-removable-disk-d-when-flash-drive-is/3f00a0a9-0750-47e5-b374-cb0055b04a11
  9. Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname}

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can not find C:\Users\{myname}: Idk what the error is for but whenever I launch my pc I get this error. I get this on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-can-not-find-cusersmyname/2035c1d8-a431-45ac-a299-c297841f0751
  10. Windows cannot find User\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\fgiu swes\wiswerce.exe

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot find User\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\fgiu swes\wiswerce.exe: Hello, after the most recent update I am getting this error. I have no idea what it means and other searches haven't resulted in anything. Also with the update. I am no longer able to right click on the desktop and chose anything from the menu ie. create new folder etc. Any...