Windows 10: Windows can not open word and other apps

Discus and support Windows can not open word and other apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After I updated my system with the latest Windows update KB 4559309 I am having problem opening Ms Office and other applications. The shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MindmanNT, Jun 10, 2020.

1. MindmanNT Win User

Windows can not open word and other apps

Hi,

After I updated my system with the latest Windows update KB 4559309 I am having problem opening Ms Office and other applications.

The shortcut points to the right exe file, the file exists but I get the message

"Windows can not find C:\....\winword.exe" Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again"

Can someone show me a way to make windows recognize the file?

:)

MindmanNT, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows can not open word and other apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 10, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows can not open word and other apps - Similar Threads - open word apps

2. No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.: I've been trying to fix this but I wasn't successful, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-can-open-task-manager-and-use-it-to/6530382f-5028-48f0-8ba8-fc50a8084648
  3. No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.: I've been trying to fix this but I wasn't successful, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-can-open-task-manager-and-use-it-to/6530382f-5028-48f0-8ba8-fc50a8084648
  4. can not open word

in Windows 10 Customization
    can not open word: i purchased a new word update and it always tells me to repair ,not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-word/c530db48-09c9-4188-8776-4bec578ed2b2
  5. Can someone please Help me, everytime I open word or other office apps it says "The...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please Help me, everytime I open word or other office apps it says "The...: Please Help me submitted by /u/NotJakeGames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/li31s6/can_someone_please_help_me_everytime_i_open_word/
  6. Can not click on or open start menu and other apps

Can not click on or open start menu and other apps: I have a windows 10pc and I am having an intermittent issue where I am unable to click on certain shortcuts. I will try to click the start menu and it’s colour changes when i click, but it doesn’t open, same with file explorer and some desktop apps. If I use the keyboard to...
  7. Couldn't open MS Word and some other Microsoft Office apps. Couldn't open the apps through...

Couldn't open MS Word and some other Microsoft Office apps. Couldn't open the apps through...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/suganthan1205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzdmox/couldnt_open_ms_word_and_some_other_microsoft/
  8. Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps

Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps: [ATTACH] For the past 2 days, I have not been able to open any of the Microsoft Office apps on my Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop, which was recently reset after a crash followed by the blue screen of death. Now I have an assignment deadline coming up and this happens ( Added...
  9. Cannot open windows word and other programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open windows word and other programs: Hi! When I click a word or excel file, the Word Office appears then disappears. The files won't open. What do i do? I have updated the programs but I still cannot open the files. I am sure my license has not expired. What do I do? Thanks....
  10. can not open word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not open word document: I just upgraded office 2007 to office 2016. On all of my fils that I made with my older version can be opened with 2016. But if I create a new document with Word 2016 and save it, when I try to open it a message pops up telling me that this is valid only with installed...