Windows 10: Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless...

Discus and support Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; DHCP servers may return the same IP for both wired and wireless connectionThis may be useful for laptops - I can connect with wire in the main room and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AndriiZhuk, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless...

DHCP servers may return the same IP for both wired and wireless connectionThis may be useful for laptops - I can connect with wire in the main room and wireless on the other.But when I plug the ethernet cable to the laptop and turn off wifi, Windows still not able to obtain IP from DHCP serverI have found 2 workarounds:1. Reboot boring2. Open the window with network adapters and disable wifi adapter. In this case wired connection can obtain IP, and the connection to network restoring I prefer not to do such extra steps as it is boring.Microsoft, please release IP from wireless adapter if wif

:)

AndriiZhuk, Aug 16, 2022

2. Static IP With Windows 10 and HP Zbook

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not connecting to a router. I'm hard wired to a modem device that does not have DHCP so I need a static ip to set my IP address to the correct subnet. It works on another machine doing the exact same steps.

In my question I already checked ipconfig and it shows the correct ip/netmask on the dell machine that works and the HP that does not.

NateElmore, Aug 16, 2022
  3. steve108 Win User
    Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP

DHCP STATIC was suggested here: Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP

I asked why and never got a response *Confused

steve108, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless...

DHCP client error 0x79 on wireless only

The event viewer shows a consistent response of

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address [elided]. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network
    address (DHCP) server.

I can see the DHCP response on the wireless access points, so I know it issues an address. All the hardware on the laptop has been replaced, with the wireless daughter board undergoing multiple replacements. The BIOS is up to date. The drivers are up
    to date. I've used sfc and DISM to validate the Windows installation multiple times. IPv6 support is off because it's not in play.

This happens even when I try using a USB wireless adapter. In all cases Windows can see the available wireless networks--it just insists that there is no response to its DHCP request.

On a wired connection, it gets an address just fine--and in the case of my home network, from the same device which it claims isn't sending back an address. The laptop is the only wireless device that doesn't get an address properly--so I don't think it's
    the router/access point. During the duration of this condition, the router was replaced for a different reason, and having two different routers from two manufacturers exhibit a defect versus the laptop
    only defies probability. It also happens on multiple wireless networks, including the three available in my workplace.

So, the problem must be in the bits somewhere--but which bits? Where should I be looking for a timing or other configuration that might address why Windows insists that it's not receiving an IP address via wi-fi? I'll like to avoid a wipe and reinstall
    because of the downtime involved. I've been all over the web with search engines looking for an answer, but everything I've found addresses a general DHCP failure, not one specific to wi-fi.

The situation has persisted since March of 2017 and I've given up trying to solve it myself. Someone with more knowledge of Windows networking internals might have some insight, though--so, if you're one of those individuals, what do you think?

Thanks,

--jbm!

J-Brook-Monroe, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless...

1. Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless... - Similar Threads - process properly DHCP

2. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  3. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  4. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  5. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  6. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

7. Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can not process properly DHCP response with the same IP for wired and wireless...: DHCP servers may return the same IP for both wired and wireless connectionThis may be useful for laptops - I can connect with wire in the main room and wireless on the other.But when I plug the ethernet cable to the laptop and turn off wifi, Windows still not able to obtain...
  8. DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access.

DHCP is issuing proper IP config but when subnet roles there is no internet access.: 192.168.220.0 - 192.168.222.0 /22. Only 220 subnet is receiving internet access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp-is-issuing-proper-ip-config-but-when-subnet/4f7608f0-d7d7-4dc6-b0e4-e60ee1b7a74d
  9. DHCP Ip assignment Latency

DHCP Ip assignment Latency: HiI seem to have an issue with IP assignment latency. We just upgraded all our pc to faster SSD based laptop. and just really noticed it. Here is the situation. Cold boot the laptop to Domain login prompt. At this point the Wired or wireless NIC says network not found. if we...
  10. DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's)

DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's): Hi folks I'm not sure how it happened but with Windows Networking -- anything seems possible -- Black Magic is easier to fathom out. I did a few "Clone discs" and used essentially on identical hardware on different machines. One machine just would not connect -- and also a...