Windows 10: windows - can not update driver for hardware and apps and for some reason i can not select...

Discus and support windows - can not update driver for hardware and apps and for some reason i can not select... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Ev1 - for some reason windows will not updates drivers for hard ware and apps window 10 pro operating system - just operating system - this app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hello66, May 4, 2021.

1. hello66 Win User

windows - can not update driver for hardware and apps and for some reason i can not select...

Hi Ev1 - for some reason windows will not updates drivers for hard ware and apps window 10 pro operating system - just operating system - this app keeps coming up - even doe i have uninstalled each time - every time i turn the computer on it has reinstalled by it self - never down loaded in the first place and it came with window 10 download.also this morning i post photos on fb and could select all but when i try later i cound not - only select 1 and not all - is there a setting that has been changed - did a update after the first post this morning and it seems to change the select all - eg

:)

hello66, May 4, 2021

2. unstable hardware drivers following Win 10-511 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen promts for troubleshooting.

Also, update the driver for Keyboard by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Keyboards from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      update driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 4, 2021
  3. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 4, 2021
  4. windows - can not update driver for hardware and apps and for some reason i can not select...

Mouse Button Selection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please share the details.

• Are you facing similar with another app as well?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I would suggest to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware troubleshooter

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:
    update drivers

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 3:Compatibility mode

If issue still persist suggest install latest available driver from manufacturer's website. If there are no windows 10 drivers then install the available driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 4, 2021
Thema:

windows - can not update driver for hardware and apps and for some reason i can not select...

1. windows - can not update driver for hardware and apps and for some reason i can not select... - Similar Threads - update driver hardware

2. weather app not displaying information for some reason? how can i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weather app not displaying information for some reason? how can i fix it: help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-not-displaying-information-for-some/58a1c67f-f677-4cb5-a80d-4d4746fecb3b
  3. weather app not displaying information for some reason? how can i fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weather app not displaying information for some reason? how can i fix it: help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-not-displaying-information-for-some/58a1c67f-f677-4cb5-a80d-4d4746fecb3b
  4. For some reason I can see two users in C:\users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason I can see two users in C:\users: Hello everyone, I have Window 11 installed in my PC. I realize that I have 3 folders in C:\usersC:\users\mikemC:\users\mikiC:\users\PublicEven though I have only one user in my PC as "miki", I don't know why "C:\users\mikem", and "C:\users\Public" has been created. "mikem" is...
  5. For some reason I can see two users in C:\users

For some reason I can see two users in C:\users: Hello everyone, I have Window 11 installed in my PC. I realize that I have 3 folders in C:\usersC:\users\mikemC:\users\mikiC:\users\PublicEven though I have only one user in my PC as "miki", I don't know why "C:\users\mikem", and "C:\users\Public" has been created. "mikem" is...
  6. Can i just stop some window's update?

Can i just stop some window's update?: question is at the title. but if you wanted to know why i want to do that, wellsometimes, i have a windows update that i can't even download due to missing files, damaged files etc.and it's getting pretty annoying, everytime i open windows update. i always see windows trying...
  7. Can i just stop some window's update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i just stop some window's update?: question is at the title. but if you wanted to know why i want to do that, wellsometimes, i have a windows update that i can't even download due to missing files, damaged files etc.and it's getting pretty annoying, everytime i open windows update. i always see windows trying...
  8. Can we select the updates to install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can we select the updates to install?: As Win 7 users, we could select which updates to install and which not. Now, in Win 10 era, we can disable automatic updates and search manually instead but we don't have the chance of selection. So, what's the point to search manually? Automatic Updates Disableb = no...
  9. Can no longer stop the Windows Update service for some reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer stop the Windows Update service for some reason: Up until the other day, I could just simply stop Windows Update in services.msc . However, now all of the options are greyed out and when I try to stop it in an elevated command prompt, I get error 5: access is denied. I attempted to stop in in an elevated powershell, here...
  10. For some reason I can not log in to Disney Magic Kingdom

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    For some reason I can not log in to Disney Magic Kingdom: For some reason in Disney Magic Kingdom I can not get past to the part of "checking content". Then it says, " successful completion of content". Then it goes back to checking content. This is the only game I have a problem with on windows. Does anybody else have this problem...