Windows 10: Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher

Discus and support Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. At random every few days, a Windows Security message pops up to let me know that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tom_Sadowski, May 10, 2019.

1. Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher

I am running Windows 10. At random every few days, a Windows Security message pops up to let me know that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". The message gives absolutely no indication of the name of the publisher of the nature of the driver. I do not "install this driver anyway" as I do not know from whence it came. This has been going on for 2 months now, Can such a defective and poorly worded notice truly be from Microsoft or is there something nefarious going on? Should I just let it install a mystery driver and take my chances?

:)

Tom_Sadowski, May 10, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Blocked Publisher doesn't show up in Untrusted Publishers - how can I unblock the publisher?

Hi,

The software publisher won't appear in the Untrusted Publisher tab. Since, the steps you've provided didn't work, you unblock the publisher using Command Prompt. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows X, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Press Shift + right-click on the program you want to unblock.
    • Click Copy as path, then paste in Command Prompt.
    • Hit Enter.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, May 10, 2019
  3. Blocked Publisher doesn't show up in Untrusted Publishers - how can I unblock the publisher?

I've already seen the following Post:

Hi samuel,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To unblock a software publisher try the below steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Go to the Content tab, Look under the Certificates section.

• Click on Publishers button.

• Select the Untrusted Publishers tab.
      • Select the Publisher you wish to unblock and click the Remove button.
    This post does not solve my problem with a Blocked publisher, because When I check the "Untrusted Publisher's tab in Internet Explorer. there are no entries to remove.

Any other way to resolve this?

RDougShelton, May 10, 2019
  4. Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher

How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have gone through the steps as suggested above BUT interestingly don't see an publisher listed under the "Untrusted Publishers" but still get the same error box as shared above.

Screenshot

I wonder why?

Tanveer Malik, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher

1. Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher - Similar Threads - verify publisher doesn't

2. what is my software publisher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is my software publisher: what is my software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-software-publisher/fded87f2-c829-4072-b2ed-f03d89ca23be
  3. what is my software publisher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is my software publisher: what is my software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-my-software-publisher/fded87f2-c829-4072-b2ed-f03d89ca23be
  4. Desktop Publishing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Publishing: What is the best software to use for desktop publishing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-publishing/62b05f21-615f-4fa1-8330-d79eca99ac21
  5. Publisher freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Publisher freezing: I'm having an issue with Office 2016 Publisher freezing and unable to open any existing publisher files.The whole system seems sluggish as well.I have run a repair on the office installation with MS Support and I have run a repairing install on windows. and the behavior...
  6. Publisher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Publisher: Why is publisher so painfully slow to use and why are there no print previews before printing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/publisher/851a65f8-40bc-4416-8008-a0caa1dae292
  7. Unknown Publisher!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Publisher!!: i have ran into today a UAC from a program i downloaded saying it was a Unknown publisher the program is ROBOMIND and it downloaded it from the official site! so question: Can i trust it and click, yes? is robomind even safe? and have you tried and experienced found any...
  8. How to know "what" driver is trying to be installed in the "Can't verify publisher" windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to know "what" driver is trying to be installed in the "Can't verify publisher" windows...: When I reboot, I always get a "Windows Security" popup indicating that windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software. But, I can't find any indication of "what" driver is being referred to. All the help I can find assuming you already know what is trying to be...
  9. Verify the files you publish and delete them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Verify the files you publish and delete them: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me how I see if I have published files and how can I delete these files (DUBLED). Wait for response!. A good day!....
  10. Publisher

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Publisher: Recently updated to W10. Went to print out a calendar using my Publisher program, only to discover it won't print it out. Printer works on other tasks (outside of Publisher). I believe it won't print out because of the recent upgrade to W10. Is there a solution/work around...