Windows 10: Windows cannot access etc. etc.

Discus and support Windows cannot access etc. etc. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kevtherev, Apr 28, 2020.

1. kevtherev Win User

Windows cannot access etc. etc.

Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.
    I have, in the properties section of the programm selected run as admin etc. but still get this message. Any help please !
    Kevin

:)

kevtherev, Apr 28, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot access etc. etc.

1. Windows cannot access etc. etc. - Similar Threads - cannot access etc

2. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  3. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  4. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Message ":Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Message ":Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. ": I have the error :Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. Unable to download anything. Please helpI have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-windows-cannot-access-the-specific/e65ee820-8fc7-4e19-941f-c64d357e69fd
  6. Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone: Hello Community...... Ever since the Windows 10 Update 19042.906, my microphone is not accessible for any of the meeting apps. Under Control Panel --> Sound --> Recording, I can see that the microphone is sensing noises , but none of the Apps can. So essentially, I am not...
  7. Cannot access desktop etc after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access desktop etc after Windows 10 update: Instead, I am asked for a password which I have never required before. The password issued on purchase of the PC 2 years ago is not recognised. I have now accessed my Microsoft account via a different tablet, renewed the password, but that is not accepted by the updated...
  8. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN cannot access Google, Bing, etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN cannot access Google, Bing, etc: Hello, I've recently been having issues getting to Google and Bing on my home network. Ive talked with Verizon and they've swapped out my router. I have flushed the DNS many times, rebooted my router, factory reset my router, and condcuted just about any other remedy that...
  9. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???: Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My IP gives me free McAfee Internet Security with my plan. I see so many conflicting views regarding the idea that all one...
  10. Windows cannot find...(etc.)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find...(etc.): I get this error message when i try to start many programs. please help. Thanks 42532