Windows 10: windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043

Discus and support windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043 I can ping from my client to server 2008 but not from the server 2008 to the client.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeneDangerfield, Jun 24, 2020.

1. windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043

windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043

I can ping from my client to server 2008 but not from the server 2008 to the client. client did connect once to the server but after shut down of the client, the client would not see the server upon restart. The server does see the client hostname in the network and sharing center. This particular client is running windows 10 and is configured as a workgroup within server 2008 just like 2 other clients which have not issues connecting to this same server. All are within an Intranet configuration on server 2008.

Thank you for any help you can give.

:)

GeneDangerfield, Jun 24, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043 - Similar Threads - cannot access network

2. Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043: Hi, i have recently bought a Nvidia Shield and attached an hard disk 5TB to it with my plex library. Point is i still want to access the hard disk that contains also some backups, but:1. if i try to access the internal storage \\my.ip.ad.res\internal everything's normal2. if...
  3. Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043: Hi, i have recently bought a Nvidia Shield and attached an hard disk 5TB to it with my plex library. Point is i still want to access the hard disk that contains also some backups, but:1. if i try to access the internal storage \\my.ip.ad.res\internal everything's normal2. if...
  4. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  5. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  6. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot access any network shares

Cannot access any network shares: For some reason, and for some time now, my Windows 10 system cannot access any network share. This includes a WD MyCloud and a new Synology NAS. Other computers in my household can connect fine kids gaming PC, laptop and are prompted to sign in with a username and password,...
  8. Cannot access network share

Cannot access network share: From my Windows 10 machine Machine 1, I cannot access folders that are shared on a Windows XP machine Machine 2. I don't think it is an OS incompatibility issue. For years, it worked. And, accessing shared folders on a second Windows XP machine Machine 3 is working, as it...
  9. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...
  10. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares: Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other. All three machines can successfully access and interact...