Windows 10: Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network !

Discus and support Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 machines (A +B) both running windows 10 (1903) HOME edition. I am the administrator on both. I recently wanted to transfer data across the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by surfing69, Aug 27, 2019.

1. surfing69 Win User

Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network !

I have 2 machines (A +B) both running windows 10 (1903) HOME edition. I am the administrator on both.

I recently wanted to transfer data across the network from A to B and vice versa by creating a network.

However despite turning on network discovery on both machines and apparently giving permission for access to all individual folders, every attempt to make this happen has been frustrated by windows preventing me access to the other machine and folders with the message 'that i needed to contact the network administrator of the other machine to grant access' .

Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network ! 9b2d9e0e-e236-4596-ae51-e52abf6c9a90?upload=true.jpg

I AM the administrator and HAVE given access to the relevant folders on each machine to 'everyone' and so do NOT understand what on earth is going on. This is EXTREMELY frustrating and feel that I am banging my head against a brick wall !!!

I have set both accounts to Private for the network for both wireless and ethernet connection.

having done some internet research, there are articles suggesting that this is due to a new GROUP security policy by MS and that one way of solving this is to turn ON 'allow unsecure logins from other users'.

If this is indeed the issue, my HOME edition does NOT have the option of changing group policy settings and that I should download a 3rd party batch file 'gpedit.msc'.

I NEVER had this issue when both machines where running Windows 7.

i have wasted so much time trying to resolve this and feel that it might be easier to transfer data between A + B , with a pen drive.

:)

surfing69, Aug 27, 2019

2. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Issues while accessing PC over the network

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing the PC’s over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you connected both the laptops to the same network through which the PC is connected?
    2. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC’s?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try connecting the PC to the main router and see if you are able to access the laptops.

If you are able to access the laptops, then we need to configure the network settings once again. You can refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 27, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Cannot Access other PC's on the network ! - Similar Threads - Cannot Access PC's

2. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  3. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  4. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  6. Cannot save to other PC on network

Cannot save to other PC on network: I'm trying to save a jpg to another PC that is on the same network. I can browse the other PC in my file explorer and download the file to this PC. I have sharing between the 2 PC's and read and write privileges yet I get a "you don't have permission"message when I try to...
  7. Cannot access my PC from other OCs on local network

Cannot access my PC from other OCs on local network: I have a weird Win10 network problem. I have 2 Win10 PCs, 2 Win10 laptops, 2 NAS (Linux), and a Win10 tablet on my local network. My PC can access all the others but the others cannot access my PC. This is a new problem and I have no idea why that is happening. The...
  8. Cannot access networked PC's

Cannot access networked PC's: We have about 4 PC's/laptops running windows 10 and 4 Computers which act as servers but are running windows 7 pro. The servers have shared folders on them which either other servers or the PC's need to get at. This has worked fine for years until the other day and now its...
  9. CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN

CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN: - ACCESS DENIED CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS A HOME NETWORK AND THERE IS NO ADMINISTRATOR TO MY KNOWLEDGE EARLIER USERNAME NAME WAS ASKED AND PASSWORD I DONT KNOW EITHER, NEVER SET UP PASSWORDS OTHER THAN THAN GMAIL AND SYNCG WITH ROUTER...
  10. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...