Windows 10: Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking

Discus and support Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 4 windows 10 on my Home Network. One PC PC-1 runs Home ver. 20H2 and the 3 other PCs PC-2; PC-3; PC-4 are running under Pro ver. 20H2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YvesBeaupre, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking

Hi,

I have 4 windows 10 on my Home Network. One PC PC-1 runs Home ver. 20H2 and the 3 other PCs PC-2; PC-3; PC-4 are running under Pro ver. 20H2.

For a unknown reason PC-1 and PC-2 can view and share files on my Network. PC-3 and PC-4 can view and share files with PC-1 & PC-2 but no computers can access PC-3 and PC-4. I know the problem is not caused by my firewall since disabling it on all PCs, does NOT resolve the problem.

Note that all PCs have static IPs adresses and all services are configured as follow:

1. Network discovery provider host - Automatic
    2. Network discovery Resource Publication - Automatic delayed
    3. SSDP discovery - Automatic
    4. UPnP device host - Automatic
    5. Windows SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support - All options checked
    6. All my Ethernet cards are set to Private

Can some one help me with this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance

:)

YvesBeaupre, Feb 22, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 22, 2021
  4. oily_17 Win User

Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking

1. Windows cannot access \\PCx - Home Networking - Similar Threads - cannot access PCx

2. CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied: Hi,Despite a few folders are identified as Shared on my network, none of the PCs can access them. That was working before Windows updates. Before, in a folder properties I could add "Everyone" in the security tab, now that option in missing in Windows 11.Is there a utility...
  3. CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied: Hi,Despite a few folders are identified as Shared on my network, none of the PCs can access them. That was working before Windows updates. Before, in a folder properties I could add "Everyone" in the security tab, now that option in missing in Windows 11.Is there a utility...
  4. Two laptops on home network, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two laptops on home network, Windows cannot access: Computer #1 - Dell Computer #2 HP DELL cannot access the C; drive on HP windows cannot access \\hp\\c you do not have permission to access, HP can access the c: drive on Dell Both running windows 10 pro. How do I get Dell to access HP Tried all items posted,...
  5. cannot access new computer on home network

cannot access new computer on home network: I have a home LAN with three Windows 10 PCs that are sharing files & folders among themselves with no problem - I just click their PC name under Network in File Explorer. Problem is, I just set up a new Win 10 PC but when I click on that new PC's name under Network in File...
  6. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\PCs name

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\PCs name: Hi, I am back on this forum again with the same problem and start to wonder if Windows updates change my settings without notifying me. Hence, I have 4 PCs on my Home network and they all share the same Workgroup name. However they are configured as follow: ·...
  7. Windows cannot Access \\"Home Network Computer Name"

Windows cannot Access \\"Home Network Computer Name": Help. I keep getting this message along with; Windows 10 - errror 0x80070035 when I try to access the two laptops on my home network. There are three machines. The two laptops and a desktop. The two laptops can access the desktop, but not vici verca! I have ahared all Drives...
  8. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  9. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop: Hi, For several reasons I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my Laptop and I can no longer access my Laptop from any other PCs on my home network. This feature was working well before I reinstalled Windows. When I open File Explorer and click from another PC on any of the PCs...
  10. Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network

Cannot Access Other Computers on Windows 10 Home Network: Hi, I have a desktop and a laptop setup at home, I have recently upgraded both to Windows 10. Both were previously running Windows 7 Home Premium and could identify each other on the network and I could access files on either PC from one or the other at any time. With the...