Windows 10: Windows cannot access permission pop-up CONSTANTLY

Discus and support Windows cannot access permission pop-up CONSTANTLY in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a pop up reading: 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the file.'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grac...e, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Grac...e Win User

Windows cannot access permission pop-up CONSTANTLY

I have a pop up reading: 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the file.' This pops up every 5 minutes without fail and has done so for almost 6 months. I have no idea which file it's referring to, it just popped up one day. I am a student and this laptop is in the school's system. It's really starting to get on my nerves with online school starting. HELP! Windows cannot access permission pop-up CONSTANTLY 1f12b0cc-79c8-41e4-b7b9-adc9eb348599?upload=true.png

:)

Grac...e, Mar 25, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Mar 25, 2020
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Windows cannot access permission pop-up CONSTANTLY

Cannot access path, no permission

Hello cgherman, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the link I have provided for you to follow more solutions in case method 1 doesn't help.

The causes of your problem may be:

-You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.

-The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.

-The file has been moved or deleted.

-The file or shortcut is corrupt.

-The file may be blocked by Windows.

-Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

-Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.

-Select the Security tab.

-Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

-Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266924...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot access permission pop-up CONSTANTLY

1. Windows cannot access permission pop-up CONSTANTLY - Similar Threads - cannot access permission

2. photos app popping up CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app popping up CONSTANTLY: hi there! i am currently downloading photos off of google onto my laptop, but every time i download a picture, it opens a popup from my photos app. normally it's not too annoying, but when i'm downloading multiple photos and the app pops up every. single. time. for every....
  3. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  4. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  5. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  7. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  8. Cannot access path, no permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access path, no permission: Using xplorer2, I cannot open an external viewer for any file type. I get the error message that widows cannot access the specified path for xplorer2 does not have permission. All other browser programs can open an external program to view any file type, so there seems no...
  9. Constant pop-ups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant pop-ups on Windows 10: I keep getting pop-ups on my lower right corner. I use Adblock, Defender and get constant updates but nothing stops these from happening. Does this happen to anyone else out there? Help me!!!...
  10. Program window constantly popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program window constantly popping up: After upgrading to 10 there is a program window that opens for about one second then closes every 45 seconds on top of whatever I am doing 18331