Windows 10: Windows cannot access the specified file, but I can access it manually.

Discus and support Windows cannot access the specified file, but I can access it manually. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was in the Pen Settings area of Settings in Windows. I clicked the option to "Improve Recognition" and received the following error: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hutchrdu, Mar 18, 2019.

1. hutchrdu Win User

Windows cannot access the specified file, but I can access it manually.

I was in the Pen Settings area of Settings in Windows. I clicked the option to "Improve Recognition" and received the following error:

Windows cannot access the specified file, but I can access it manually. 0bd6fb52-98b9-45c3-a489-7d9f895b878c?upload=true.png

What I cannot figure out is that I can manually navigate to the location on this executable file and run it w/o any problems. In searching for a solution, I have verified that permissions on the folder are fine and I have disabled my anti-virus software to make sure that it was not blocking it.

Any ideas as to the problem why this can't be run from within Windows Settings, but I can navigate to it manually and it works fine? If it helps, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 1809, Build 17663.379.

:)

hutchrdu, Mar 18, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Mar 18, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      Windows cannot access the specified file, but I can access it manually. [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Mar 18, 2019
  4. j.col70 Win User

j.col70, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows cannot access the specified file, but I can access it manually. - Similar Threads - cannot access specified

2. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello,a few days ago I started having the following problem: when I try to open a video in the, for example, Splash Lite, i get the message that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, etc." However, when I try to open the same file in Windows Media...
  3. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello,a few days ago I started having the following problem: when I try to open a video in the, for example, Splash Lite, i get the message that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, etc." However, when I try to open the same file in Windows Media...
  4. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....: Hi,I'm receiving this on restart, after latest Windows Update. Please advise.Thanks!Regards,Harel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or/5e58ce4e-8538-4000-af10-c8bd19c8c2a1
  5. Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File: i have checked the properties and by all means i should be able to launch the new games i downloaded off the windows store but for some reason i continue to get the error message "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File". this does not happen when playing...
  6. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...: I am trying to open task manager but it wont open with CTRL + ALT + Delete and CTRL + SHIFT + ESC so I tried opening it as an administrator from the search menu and it game this error: [ATTACH] is there a virus or what I tried every thing given at this page:...
  7. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.: Whenever I uninstall and redownload an application, I get the same error, 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropriate permissions to access this item'' It's not a permission error, I checked permissions in properties and all that,...
  8. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.: Hello everyone, I have a peculiar issue I need help with. I have an application installed for a department with Windows 10 PCs. After the installation, when I try to run the application, I get the error"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may...
  9. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.: I keep on getting the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file." error, and it's not just for one specific file, every time I download an application I get this error, and it's not a permission issue, I checked properties and permissions were just fine, I've...
  10. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.......: [ATTACH] I am running my Dell notebook with Windows 10 v1909 build 18363.535 I have run the text of this alert in Chrome and followed the suggestions, even though the info is for Win 7. I have checked the permissions under properties, security and do not see my name under...