Windows 10: Windows cannot boot after today's update

Discus and support Windows cannot boot after today's update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I think what happened is after today's update all of a sudden windows wants to boot from a different disk drive, though I'm not sure why. In bios it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Helltech, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Helltech Win User

Windows cannot boot after today's update

I think what happened is after today's update all of a sudden windows wants to boot from a different disk drive, though I'm not sure why. In bios it is set to boot from my boot drive.

Window 10 boot error - Album on Imgur

As you can see Window Boot Repair is trying to use disks f and x for some reason all of a sudden instead of c. Not sure why and not sure how to fix that? It's like the update I just did installed files to the wrong drive?

Can't get into safe mode either.

Unplugging my other two drive (I have a 240 ssd boot that is my c drive and then a 500gb ssd for games and 1tb hdd for storage) it still won't boot. It then gives me the same error this time giving disk d and disk x instead of f and x as shown in the picture above.

System Restore says an unspecified error occurred (0x80070570).

:)

Helltech, Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Mar 20, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 20, 2019
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows cannot boot after today's update - Similar Threads - cannot boot today's

2. Cannot boot at all after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot at all after Windows Update: When I shut my computer off yesterday, it had an automatic update. I tried turning it on today and it immediately tried doing an automatic repair, which then failed and took me to a blue menu with repair options. I feel like I've tried every option, and will post the results...
  3. Windows crashed after today's update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows crashed after today's update: Hey. I installed an update today and after that it started throwing 0xc0000102 errors when trying to open certain programs, I restarted it, tryed enter safe boot and now I'm stuck in loop. Even the automatic repair is stuck in loop, tryed to boot from an USB to repair, no...
  4. Cannot boot after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot after update: Updated windows 10 last night and this morning found I could not boot up my laptop Have tried a few options in the startup repair menu Stop code says inaccessible boot device Have run chkdsk, says it found some errors in uppercase chkdsk /f did not run Any help...
  5. Cannot Boot Into Windows 10 After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Boot Into Windows 10 After Update: Computer will not boot into Windows. I ran computer diagnostics and the computer is fine. This appears to have been after a Windows update. I am unable to perform any Troubleshooting as the program indicates it is unable to do so. Cannot restore, cannot so Start Up...
  6. I cannot boot Windows after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot boot Windows after update: After the latest Windows update I cannot boot my computer. All steps that I do leads me to the page where I should perform a system restore, go back to previous version, do startup repair etc. So I cannot troubleshoot...
  7. Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today: I'm using a Toshiba Portégé ultrabook, running Windows 10 x64 upgrade from Windows 7. This morning, I stepped away from my computer, came back about an hour later, and saw my screen flash the Toshiba logo then go to the Windows 10 logo with the system busy circle going...
  8. Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers: Edit: I gave up trying to fix the issue and reverted to a backup of my PC from last month. Sorry in advance but this will be a long post to detail my issue. Background: Yesterday I updated from AMD's 17.11.1 graphics driver to 17.12.1 and immediately started...
  9. Problems after cold boot today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after cold boot today.: Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output....
  10. No restart after today's update

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart after today's update: Only spinning dots for 20 minutes now after restart because of update. Should I reset? Or? 71898