Windows 10: Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died

Discus and support Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a system restore my PC tried to boot up and gave me this error in the subject. It then took me to the safe start up and gave me all the options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MasonChizmar, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died

After a system restore my PC tried to boot up and gave me this error in the subject. It then took me to the safe start up and gave me all the options ranging from resetting the PC to having startup repairs and options. I tried all 6 options given to try to help boot the PC and nothing. Everything I have looked up so far has been going through the troubleshoot proccess which I have done and nothing has worked. I have given up and shut off the PC and am now here.

:)

MasonChizmar, Apr 15, 2019

2. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 15, 2019
  3. singh Win User
    Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died

Critical process died

i was trying to start a newly purchased acer all in one pc and when the system was booting power went down and tried it agin. Then the system shows the error code critical sustem died

please suggest a solution to start my pc

shameeryoonus, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died

1. Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died - Similar Threads - Cannot Boot Critical

2. Critical Process Died, cannot boot, autrepair not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died, cannot boot, autrepair not working: Hello, so I got a windows update today asking me to restart my PC, I did that but once it started booting it went to the blue screen that said Critical Process Died collecting error info, it went to 100% and then didn't restart like it said it would. Waited about 30 minutes...
  3. Critical Process Died, cannot boot, autrepair not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died, cannot boot, autrepair not working: Hello, so I got a windows update today asking me to restart my PC, I did that but once it started booting it went to the blue screen that said Critical Process Died collecting error info, it went to 100% and then didn't restart like it said it would. Waited about 30 minutes...
  4. Critical Process Died, cannot boot, autrepair not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu: After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes in Advanced Options. If I try boot through the BIOS and not GRUB Bootloader provided by Ubuntu it does not work. Even If I...
  6. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu: After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes in Advanced Options. If I try boot through the BIOS and not GRUB Bootloader provided by Ubuntu it does not work. Even If I...
  7. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Critical process died boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical process died boot loop: Hi guys, i just have this bsod everytime i booted to my windows 64bit os+some ram issues that i fixed by removing 1 stick and wont even boot to safe modeI fixed the issue by booting to my 32 bit system via dualboot but still any thoughts about my problemIt boots normally...
  9. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT: So I got this error yesterday and Ive tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working. I don't know what to do and saying all the things I tried would make this thread endless. I'm using a desktop and I have no access to the hone screen and I cannot boot into safe mode...
  10. Unable to boot - "critical process died"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot - "critical process died": Yesterday i had a BSOD with a driver problem. It would get to the desktop and each time give a "exception not handled" BSOD a few seconds after getting to desktop. I was able to boot into safe mode fine though, so uninstalled my graphics drivers. The problem still carried on,...