Windows 10: Windows Cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.

Discus and support Windows Cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-complete-the-extraction-the/ac57719e-c86b-4da7-b998-aca27f3879a3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HollyRadziwon, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Windows Cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.

How can I fix this ?

:)

HollyRadziwon, Nov 17, 2018

2. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Nov 17, 2018
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Windows Cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.

Sudden "Windows cannot complete the extraction" error on all zip files

I work with a lot of zipped folders within zipped folders. These folders contain TIFs and PDFs. Up until now, I have always been able to open these PDFs straight from the zipped folder, without having to extract everything first.

Today I was in the midst of opening a new batch of PDFs when Adobe Reader DC crashed. Ever since then, including after restarting, every time I try to open a PDF straight from the zipped folder, I receive the error message, "Windows cannot complete the extraction.
    The destination file could not be created."

The files are not corrupted. I now receive this message for EVERY PDF in a zipped folder, including files in completely different folders that I was using just yesterday, or even just a few hours ago. Moreover, if I go to the trouble of extracting everything,
    I am able to open the PDFs in Acrobat Reader like normal. However, because I'm working with a large number zipped folders within zipped folders, it would be a colossal time sink to extract everything one step at a time. I need to find a solution that allows
    me to go back to opening PDFs straight from their zipped folders.

Is this a problem with Windows Zip, or is it an Acrobat Reader DC issue? I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it seems to be running normally, but then again, the TIFs still open fine straight from the zipped folders.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice on this.

NPMarchgate, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows Cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.

1. Windows Cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created. - Similar Threads - Cannot complete extraction

2. Compressed folders error: Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination path is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compressed folders error: Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination path is...: I keep getting this error when I attempt to open a compressed file but I am unable to rename as it says the option isn't given. I have Windows 11. How can I solve this?...
  3. Compressed folders error: Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination path is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compressed folders error: Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination path is...: I keep getting this error when I attempt to open a compressed file but I am unable to rename as it says the option isn't given. I have Windows 11. How can I solve this?...
  4. Windows update could not be completed

Windows update could not be completed: I can't install updates on my computer KB5005565 error 0x800f0831 please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-could-not-be-completed/edbe9059-7c34-4855-b63e-1e040e3c960b
  5. Files not extracting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not extracting: Error Code: 0x800040005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-extracting/4be6ed7b-556a-4add-824e-84f029ae2d33
  6. FILE EXTRACTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FILE EXTRACTION: I need to download a program to be able to extract files zip. what Free and Safe program can I download for my windows 10 computer? Thank you for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extraction/bc31b4f1-8d6b-409b-aa6e-d4614eb20fc9
  7. Uefi Partition, damaged - the file could not be extracted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uefi Partition, damaged - the file could not be extracted: Hello, what does this mean? I caught this with a virus scan. Win 10 \\Uefi Partition » UEFI » uefi:\\Volume 1\Firmware Volume Image { zzzzzzzzzz1 }\Volume 1\Freeform {zzzzzzzzzz2 }\Unnamed partition\Volume 1 - archive damaged - the file could not be extracted....
  8. Cannot Extract Files: Error 0x8007007F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Extract Files: Error 0x8007007F: I receive the error 0x8007007F when I attampt to extract zipped files. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Build 18329.1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extract-files-error-0x8007007f/2d468dfa-56a5-46c0-8324-116c473dfdd8
  9. An Error Occurred While Trying to Create A File in The Destination....

in Windows 10 Support
    An Error Occurred While Trying to Create A File in The Destination....: Hi, I'm trying to install an audio production plugin I bought from a vendor to my default plugin folder but keep getting this error? Any idea what could be the issue? I'm running a hp elitebook 8560w (64 bit). I've tried running the installer as administrator, installing the...
  10. Cannot Change Destination of Apps

Cannot Change Destination of Apps: Currently I cannot change the destination of new apps that I download on to my computer. The box that says "New apps will save to" is greyed out. This is a brand new computer. Please help! 43377

Users found this page by searching for:

1. destination file could not created

2. windows cannot complete the extraction

3. the destination file could not be created

4. windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created,
  5. windows cannot complete the extraction the destination file could not be created,
  6. destination file could not be created,
  7. windows could not complete the extraction,
  8. destination file could not be created?,
  9. windows cannot extract files destination,
  10. Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created”,
  11. window cannot complete the extraction. the destination file could not be created,
  12. cant create destination file for extracting files,
  13. destination fine cannot be,
  14. zip the destination file could not be created,
  15. destination file cannot be created