Windows 10: Windows cannot connect to the Internet

Discus and support Windows cannot connect to the Internet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using Windows Security. My computer would not connect to the internet, it showed the router but no connection. The trouble shooter would... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ObstinateCaesar, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Windows cannot connect to the Internet

I have been using Windows Security. My computer would not connect to the internet, it showed the router but no connection. The trouble shooter would not solve the problem. I got a warning that the firewall was off. When I went to the settings and then security it shows no provider available for security and firewall like they were never installed. I was later able to go in through brand specific software to create a functional connection and use edge to download and run malicious software removal tool which is running for 30 minutes now with nothing found. There is no way to turn it back on be

:)

ObstinateCaesar, Aug 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Internet Connection

Hi George,

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Internet connections troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connections troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 10, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows cannot connect to the Internet

loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows cannot connect to the Internet

1. Windows cannot connect to the Internet - Similar Threads - cannot connect Internet

2. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: We have been trying to reconnect my internet from different WiFi connections or Ethernet, however, cannot connect. We already tried to reboot, reset and all ways we can but despite we cannot connect the internet....
  3. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: My wi fi is on.I cannot connect to internet.Spectrum said it's not them.I get these messages:This site can't be reached.server ip cannot be found.I get this on my laptop and desktop.The DNS server might be unavailable.Rexently I put Windows 11 on laptop....
  4. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to internet: My wi fi is on.I cannot connect to internet.Spectrum said it's not them.I get these messages:This site can't be reached.server ip cannot be found.I get this on my laptop and desktop.The DNS server might be unavailable.Rexently I put Windows 11 on laptop....
  5. Cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to the internet: From today my laptop has been showing this problem, it shows that it is connected to the wifi, but none of the browser or the app are connecting, i tried to renew my ip address but it says 'no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media...
  6. Cannot Connect To Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Connect To Internet: Hey all, so I just got done switching windows over to my SSD and everything seemed to be ok until I realized I couldn't connect to my wifi, the only option that shows up is ethernet. I use a little USB dongle that lets me connect to our wifi and it just refuses to work even...
  7. cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot connect to the internet: hi everyone -I have a acer laptop -its around 3 years old -has a Celeron processor-with windows 10-it will not connect wirelessly to the internet -I have reset the laptop -to no effect and I have just done a system refresh which seems to reload a current version of windows...
  8. Cannot connect to the internet

Cannot connect to the internet: My laptop will not connect to my internet. Ive went into the network and internet settings but it only lets me go into airplane mode and when Itried troubleshooting it said nothing was wrong....
  9. Cannot connect to the Internet

Cannot connect to the Internet: Hello. I've been having issues with my PC, and recently it's been getting severe. I got my Alienware pc from a friend. I don't know much about it, but it's about 6 years old. It is using Windows 10. In the past, it would occasionally lose connection to the internet (not...
  10. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot connect to internet: Hi I have installed Hyper-V with an external virtual network switch following the tutorial and then installed windows 7 and all is fine except that I cannot connect to the internet. Is there some kind of a setting to activate in order to enable that? When I look at network...