Windows 10: Windows cannot detect memory card, Error code: 48

Discus and support Windows cannot detect memory card, Error code: 48 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamRawls55, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Windows cannot detect memory card, Error code: 48

This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards any longer. I get this idiot message. The driver for "this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)". I've run the Dell diagnostics and it supposedly is running the newest driver for this. I've found the newest Driver from Microsoft. What I canb't do is pull the images off my memory card. I can read a thumb drive just fine. It won't even read the camera any longer when attached to a USB cable.

Look guys, I'm all for the advance of computers to be the do all, control your everything and make all the beautiful holograms into your life and bring virtual reality to the masses. Nice plan, really. But can we start with JUST MAKING THE SIMPLE THINGS KEEP WORKING? For crying out loud. You ask for solutions in the driver dialog and it just sits there and give a big fat nothing.

Fed up? Yeah. I am that.

Any advice after a clean refresh of the newest version of Windows 10 (can't get the October version as that has proven to be a total debacle and can't be released now). So, can any person at Microsoft or any good technician give me a solution before I smash this damned thing and go back to abacus and painting pics?

***Original title: Memory card reader***

:)

WilliamRawls55, Nov 24, 2018

2. lumia 520 is not detecting memory card please say what to do

Please suggest the steps to make my lumia 520 detect memory card

teja reddy, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Unable to access RealTek PCIE card reader on Windows 10 with error: The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows, error code: 48

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing card reader, we will help you with this issue.

The error code 48 occurs due to outdated drivers on the current operating system.

Code 48: The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver.

I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the device, search for the latest drivers and install them.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated software from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the iTunes software and check.

For reference: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Windows cannot detect memory card, Error code: 48

Unable to access RealTek PCIE card reader on Windows 10 with error: The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows, error code: 48

Before I received the reply I uninstalled the card reader from Device Manager and when I rebooted everything was working OK !!

Thanks for trying to help.

Pat

PatriciaKane, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot detect memory card, Error code: 48

1. Windows cannot detect memory card, Error code: 48 - Similar Threads - cannot detect memory

2. windows code 48

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows code 48: hi yes so basically im trying to install/run the DLink DUB-1213 ethernet-to-USB.3 on my windows 10 machine, and the device is giving me a code 48 in device manager. im using the latest software from DLINK and windows, everything is up-do-date ANNND i even did my own research,...
  3. cannot detect camera error code 0xA00F4244

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot detect camera error code 0xA00F4244: Camera stopped working. I have re-installed Windows 10 after which it started to work, now it has stopped again. Fault code cannot 0xA00F4244.. Can anyone offer a fix ?...
  4. Cannot find the bitlocker 48 digits code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find the bitlocker 48 digits code: Do not have the 48 digits to unblock my computer due to Biltlocker. Do not have the code printed out, cannot get it through my microsoft account. Maybe a third person set it up but dont now who could be, as an auditor I visit many companies and sometimes they configure my...
  5. Cannot read SD memory card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot read SD memory card: Hello. I have a refurbished Dell laptop running Windows 10. This laptop is equipped with a variety of ports and should be a huge asset. today I shot some photos on my Nikon D5100 SLR. once done, I removed the SD card and put it into the SD card reader on the side of the...
  6. Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48

Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48: I have looked on google, reddit, and other forums for about a good 4 days before coming here. I have a pretty old laptop that i just use for transferring files and internet browsing. its a dual core amd e-2 1800 with a radeon hd 7340 graphics (old i know), and whenever im...
  7. Code 48 Intel 4000 Graphics Card Windows 10

Code 48 Intel 4000 Graphics Card Windows 10: I updated the graphics card and windows and all of a sudden the graphics card stopped working causing some stuff to stop working and code 48 popped up when I checked what the problem was. I have tried updating and stuff. May someone help me?...
  8. Broadcom 802.11n Adapter Giving Error Code 48

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcom 802.11n Adapter Giving Error Code 48: Hello everyone, I’m using an Aoson R106 Windows 10 Tablet. And I’ve been using it for about a year and a half. Been stuck using a usb lan adapter and the WiFi did work at one point. When going into device manager it says code 48 for the Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter....
  9. SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.

SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.: I had bought a mini PC for my mom with Windows 10 Home installed on it. It had a SD card reader. I used a 128GB MicroSD card, which worked fine initially. Then comes Microsoft with their "Update first, ask questions later" policy. After a version update I see that the drive...
  10. realtek sd card reader code 48

realtek sd card reader code 48: I have an HP Laptop with a Realtek PCIE Card reader. It stopped working after the Win 10 anniversary upgrade. It has the following device status on Device Manager; The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have a problem with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek drivers windows 10 CODE 48