Windows 10: Windows cannot enable my account

Discus and support Windows cannot enable my account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On windows 10 i logged in to my administraitor account to enbale my other account, when i tried to untick the account is disabled i pressed aply exit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wefjhawerjkgbhjargremgkae, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Windows cannot enable my account

On windows 10 i logged in to my administraitor account to enbale my other account, when i tried to untick the account is disabled i pressed aply exit and it automatically ticked it again was wondering if anyone can help out with the problem

:)

wefjhawerjkgbhjargremgkae, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows cannot enable my account :(

Zakin, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Windows cannot enable my account

can not enable administrator account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable Built-in Admin account and create a new user account and check if issue persists on the new user account:

Please follow the steps given below to enable Built-in Admin account:

• Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
    • Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt.
    • Type: net user administrator /active: yes
    Note: If you do not have Windows 10 disk, refer to the article below to create a media:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Now login to the Built-in Admin account and create a new user account. Refer to the steps to create a new user account:

• Press “Windows Key + W”.
    • Type Users in the search box and select “Users” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Add Users” under “Other users” option.
    • Add the user profile details.
    • Then login to the new user account and then check if this fixes the issue.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows cannot enable my account

1. Windows cannot enable my account - Similar Threads - cannot enable account

2. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup: Hello,My issueI am running Windows 10 64-bit but I cannot sign in. Windows starts normally until sign in screen, where there are no accounts displayed. I see only the sign-in page background image and the menu options, with no account to click on.Here is what I did that...
  3. Cannot enable windows Defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable windows Defender.: So, I try to turn on windows defender. The option is grayed out, claiming I have another antivirus, which I don't. I click the notification about it in the bottom right and it says to talk to my IT administrator, which I don't have for my personal PC.I've tried to use command...
  4. Cannot enable windows Defender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable windows Defender.: So, I try to turn on windows defender. The option is grayed out, claiming I have another antivirus, which I don't. I click the notification about it in the bottom right and it says to talk to my IT administrator, which I don't have for my personal PC.I've tried to use command...
  5. Cannot enable windows Defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Cannot enable SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable SMB: I have the exact same problem as described in this post from 2018:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-enable-smb-10cifs-sever-in-win-10/19873ca7-7da0-4abd-92e9-e86afe75bb66I am not able to enable SMB /CIFS from the "Turn Windows features on...
  7. Cannot enable windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot enable windows update: Hi. I am having a problem. I am using Dell i3 10th gen in case you need to know. I started using this laptop in February and I have never updated my laptop as it never shows me any notifications to update. But one day while I was using Microsoft Store to download an app, an...
  8. Cannot enable my default administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot enable my default administrator account: Hi Everyone, I'm begging for your help on this one. Recently, I've used Hyper V to install virtual Windows Server 2016 on my computer. I accidentally joined that computer in the domain and now I already deleted that domain without knowing that my computer is still part of...
  9. Cannot enable my default administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enable my default administrator account: Hi Everyone, I'm begging for your help on this one. Recently, I've used Hyper V to install virtual Windows Server 2016 on my computer. I accidentally joined that computer in the domain and now I already deleted that domain without knowing that my computer is still part of...
  10. Cannot enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot enable BitLocker: Hi all, I need help with drive encryption. The BitLocker keeps giving me an error with a message "The startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly. Contact your system administrator for more information". [ATTACH] I have attempted everything I could on my...