Windows 10: Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe.

Discus and support Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my Dell Inspiron laptop, running Windows 10 Home, I can no longer open any of my MS Office 2013 applications. If I go directly to the folder where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CindyGeeker, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe.

On my Dell Inspiron laptop, running Windows 10 Home, I can no longer open any of my MS Office 2013 applications.

If I go directly to the folder where the executable file is (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\) and double click on winword.exe or excel.exe, I get the error message that is abbreviated in the subject line. It goes on to "make sure you typed the name correctly...."

If I go into my documents and double-click on a word document or an excel spreadsheet, I get the same error message.

I have used the Microsoft tool to remove MS Office from my laptop, and reinstalled MS Office 2013 from my CD. This has not helped.

I have run SFC and no errors were found.

I have searched through various communities here and tried other suggestions, but I am still unable to use MS Office at all.

Short of completely rebuilding my laptop, I am looking for a solution to this issue.

Thank you,
    Cindy

:)

CindyGeeker, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Kickn1 Win User

WINWORD EXE problem

I'm having this same problem with a windows 7 box right now. I'm running Malwarebytes which is where this report came from. Mind you I have 60+ other PC's in this environment running all the same things with no problems so this is a problem on this one PC

8/16/2018 1:19:43 PM Exploit attempt blocked
    BLOCK Microsoft Office Word
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\WINWORD.EXE
    Attacked application: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\WINWORD.EXE; Parent process name: explorer.exe; Layer: Protection Against OS Security Bypass; API ID: 403; Address: ; Module: ; AddressType: ; StackTop: ; StackBottom: ; StackPointer:
    ; Extra:

Kickn1, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Opening Recent files from the taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Go to the following location:

• C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\Office 15 or C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\ClentX86 or ClientX64\Root\Office15.
    • Right click on OneNote (.exe) > select ‘Troubleshooting Compatibility’ > Troubleshooting program > uncheck ‘The program requires additional permissions’.
    • Now select ‘No, I am done investigating the problem’ option > Next > Close the troubleshooter.

Note: Follow the above steps for Excel, Word and PowerPoint.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Florrian Win User

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe.

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe.

1. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe. - Similar Threads - cannot find Program

2. Windows cannot find C Program -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find C Program -...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-c-program/8f713d7e-2719-4a6f-9f0c-778ecaa926b3Hello, I have a user with the same issue: uninstalling HP Command does not solve the problem. In my case, I uninstalled the myHP software from the device...
  3. windows cannot find c:\Program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find c:\Program...: hello everyone, Recently on opening the system, I am receiving daily this message : windows cannot find "wdadesktopservice.exe". I have tried some suggestions like :- DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth- DISM /Online...
  4. Windows cannot find C Program -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find C Program -...: Whenever i start my laptop Windows 10 - HP Envy, i get the attached error - Windows cannot find C Progrram - Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_6.55219.341.0x64_v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe' Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again....
  5. Windows cannot find C:\ Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find C:\ Program: I have formatted my laptop, still my windows keeps on displaying; Windows cannot find C:\ Program Files\ WindowsApps\ ad2f1837.hpsystemeventutility_1.2. 15.0_x64__v10z8vjag6...\SysInfoEx.exe'. Make sure to type name correctly and try again.What should I do?...
  6. windows cannot find 'C:\program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find 'C:\program: Windows cannot find 'C:\program after I sign in to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram/5d61481e-944c-4915-b971-f3ed0d801b59
  7. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find 'C:\Program...: When starting my computer I get the following error. I have been unable to uninstall or delete the corresponding file to re-install. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.3370.0_x64__8j3eq9e...\IGCCTray.exe'. Make sure you typed...
  8. windows cannot find c:/program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find c:/program: As I logged into my pc this popup showed can anyone explain this please . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram/dfe5d30b-59d2-4b61-9962-57975954d0e8
  9. Cannot find C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find C:\Program...: So I'm not actually sure what I did wrong here. I was uninstalling some mods and games. Updating windows when this thing came up. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2103.17603.0_x64_8wekyb3d8...\Win32Bridge.Server.exeI tried to find it...
  10. Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office: Hi, I am getting an error for which I cannot find a solution All the following programs are giving me the same alert box message Word Excel Powerpoint Pdf Alert “Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office \root\office16\ Name of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot find c:/program

2. windows cannot find winword.exe windows 10

3. windows cannot find c:/program files

4. program files microsoft office,
  5. winword.exe cannot find file,
  6. windows cannot find c:\program files,
  7. Excel not found at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office 15\EXCEL.EXE,
  8. windows cannot find winword.exe,
  9. skype changes the location c:\program files\microsoftoffice\root\office15,
  10. DesktopApplicationID=Microsoft.Office.WINWORD.EXE.15,
  11. windows cannot find,
  12. Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\winword.exe,
  13. windows cannot find c program,
  14. windows cannot find c|program,
  15. windows cannot find C\program files??