Windows 10: Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office

Discus and support Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting an error for which I cannot find a solution All the following programs are giving me the same alert box message Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KEITHAPAP, Jun 9, 2020.

1. KEITHAPAP Win User

Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office

Hi,

I am getting an error for which I cannot find a solution

All the following programs are giving me the same alert box message

Word

Excel

Powerpoint

Pdf

Alert “Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office \root\office16\ Name of the program I want to open and

Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again

None of my saved documents from any folder are opening and all popping up a similar alert

Even if I download a word doc from an email or other platforms it is showing me the same alert

I need some guidance please because I think I exhausted many of the online recommendations available

:)

KEITHAPAP, Jun 9, 2020

2. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe.

I am beginning to suspect that your problem does not lie with MS Office but with the Windows file system. If so then installing Office 2016 might or might not solve your problem.

What happens when you do this while working in an elevated console session (cmd.exe):

1. Copy the file C:\Windows\write.exe to the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
    2. Run the file

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\write.exe

from the Command Prompt.
    3. Run the file

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\write.exe

from File Explorer

Frederik Long, Jun 9, 2020
  3. tater1955 Win User
    I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

The link says for Office 2000 and 2003. Will this work for 2007?

tater1955, Jun 9, 2020
  4. tater1955 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

But does it work for Office 2007?

tater1955, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office - Similar Threads - cannot find ‘CProgram

2. "Windows cannot find the especified file".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows cannot find the especified file".: When opening almost any file, I get this error. I determined the cause, Windows is searching in folder "C:\Users\me\Desktop\..." or "C:\Users\me\Downloads\..." when these folders are actually named "Escritorio" and "Descargas". How can I fix it?...
  3. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  4. Cannot Find File

Cannot Find File: [ATTACH] When I sign in, after a few seconds, I have started getting a message 'Windows Cannot Find File Microsoft.549981C...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe". See Capture. When I click OK I am able to work without problem. Or have I not discovered the problem yet?. This started...
  5. Windows cannot find file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot find file: I receive an error message saying "windows cannot find..." when trying to open outlook and excel, might be more as well, have only tried this. i receive the same message when trying via a shortcut and when clicking on the actual exe file itself eg. outlook.exe. AVG tune...
  6. Windows cannot find uninstall.exe file.

Windows cannot find uninstall.exe file.: I am trying to uninstall a program called Steam an online launcher for PC games but when I tried to uinstall it from the Apps list under Windows Settings, an error message pops up saying that the uninstall.exe could not be found. So I tried a couple of different solutions,...
  7. cannot find file

cannot find file: I cant open this specific word document even though I saved it, it's coming up with the message seen in the subject. it is so frustrating and I think it is because it was saved with a file already with the same name, is there any way I can get it back?...
  8. Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files) - Windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files) - Windows cannot find...: Hi, may I ask for help to resolve this issue please, as I am unable to open any Office 365 or Adobe PDF files on my laptop, currently as seen in image attachment windows-error-ss-1. Two days ago, I attempted to fix my touchpad which was not working and the fix worked....
  9. Windows cannot find file

Windows cannot find file: I need some help man. I have this software for my pedals for iRa[IMG]cing but when I try to open it I keep getting this error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program numerous times with no fix. Any ideas on what is causing this? I had the same issue with the...
  10. Windows cannot find file message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find file message: I am having problems running some program shortcuts on my laptop. I am getting messages similar to the following:- Windows cannot find 'C\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPSF.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. Can...