Windows 10: windows cannot find c:\program files\

Discus and support windows cannot find c:\program files\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've logged in today and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...' Everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brissy1992, Jun 10, 2020.

1. windows cannot find c:\program files\

Hi,

I've logged in today and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...'

Everything was working fine yesterday and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed.

I'm kind of at a loss about what to do to get this working other than a full reboot.

If you guys need any further information let us know. I'm clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff but I'll do my best.

Cheers

:)

brissy1992, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

file in C:\Program?

Hi,

Do you have any program installed by name Adobe? Follow the steps to check in program list:

Press Windows + X.

Select Programs and Features.

Yaqub K, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 10, 2020
  4. _33
    _33 Win User

windows cannot find c:\program files\

I want to move "Program Files"

OK the steps as I have performed them (note that F: was my destination drive):

#1 Install "Windows 2003 Pro Ressource Kit".

#2 Go to DOS prompt and perform the following: xcopy /s /e /h /r /k /o /x "c:\program files" "f:\program files". This will take a while as it copying quite a massive amount of data from one disk to the other.

#3 Compare both "c*Stick Out Tongue windows cannot find c:\program files\ :program Files" and "f*Stick Out Tongue windows cannot find c:\program files\ :program Files" for bytes count and files count for a match.

#4 Reboot in safe mode as system administrator

#5 In dos prompt, enter rd /s "c:\Program Files". It worked, except for around 10 files (NERO and Acrobat) that I got an "Access Refused".

#6 Perform a rename "c:\Program Files" "c:\_p" to fix temporarely the situation, before linking the newly created "F:\Program Files".

#7 Now go to where the new tool resides by typing cd "F:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\", still in dos prompt.

#8 linkd "C:\Program Files" "F:\Program Files" (link the newly created "Program Files" back to C: drive)

#9 Reboot Windows

#10 Finally, delete the last bits of the previous setup located in "C:\_p" using Windows Explorer

Tada

It seems to work. I will try see if when I install new programs, that it will effectively put them in F:. The way I will see that is if I install a program, will the disk space in C: reduce as much as the install files or will it be the F:.

Anyway, for anyone else who would be tempted to do this, it seems rather simple and doesn't break the configuration.

Thema:

windows cannot find c:\program files\

1. windows cannot find c:\program files\ - Similar Threads - cannot find program

2. windows cannot find c:/program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find c:/program: As I logged into my pc this popup showed can anyone explain this please . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram/dfe5d30b-59d2-4b61-9962-57975954d0e8
  3. Cannot find C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find C:\Program...: So I'm not actually sure what I did wrong here. I was uninstalling some mods and games. Updating windows when this thing came up. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2103.17603.0_x64_8wekyb3d8...\Win32Bridge.Server.exeI tried to find it...
  4. How to resolve this? Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\" issue

How to resolve this? Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\" issue: I've been using Ubuntu for several months without any problems. The month of March rolled in and I think something happened with one of the automated Windows updates to cause the following issue. I am no longer able to open Ubuntu by clicking on the icon and I'm wary of...
  5. Winows cannot find 'C: Program Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winows cannot find 'C: Program Files: I get this error message every morning when I turn on the PC: Windows cannot find C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2011.11613.0_x64.../Win32Bridge.Server.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  6. windows cannot find c:\program files\

windows cannot find c:\program files\: Hi, I logged in the other day and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...' Everything was working fine prior to the update however now I can't open alot of stuff. I'm kind of at a loss about what to do to get...
  7. Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office: Hi, I am getting an error for which I cannot find a solution All the following programs are giving me the same alert box message Word Excel Powerpoint Pdf Alert “Windows cannot find ‘C\Program Files x86Microsoft Office \root\office16\ Name of the...
  8. Windows Cannot Find C:\program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cannot Find C:\program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable....: Hi, I have the error message below, but I can see the file directly. Thanks. I have downloaded the program off the Microsoft Store and upon hitting "Play", I have received this message. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows cannot find C:\Program

Windows cannot find C:\Program: Windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\MotionTwin.DeadCellswin10_1.5.0.0_x64_rtjy889c6zgtg\deadcells.exe.'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly then try again. Everytime I try to load up dead cells from the xbox game pass beta app I get this, also astroneer...
  10. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe Desktop...

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe Desktop...: Hello there people of the internet, I'm here because I have an issue with uninstalling adobe programs. I previously owned the subscription to all these programs then stopped, and now that I resubscribed, Adobe creative cloud wants me to reinstall there programs because its a...