Windows 10: windows cannot find c:\program files\

Discus and support windows cannot find c:\program files\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I logged in the other day and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...' Everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brissy1992, Jun 13, 2020.

1. windows cannot find c:\program files\

Hi,

I logged in the other day and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...'

Everything was working fine prior to the update however now I can't open alot of stuff.

I'm kind of at a loss about what to do to get this working other than a full reboot.

If you guys need any further information let us know. I'm clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff but I'll do my best.

I had a response in a previous post but I was wondering if there was any ETA on this, I'm back at work on monday and I kind of need to know.

Cheers

:)

brissy1992, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

file in C:\Program?

Hi,

Do you have any program installed by name Adobe? Follow the steps to check in program list:

Press Windows + X.

Select Programs and Features.

Yaqub K, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 13, 2020
  4. _33
    _33 Win User

windows cannot find c:\program files\

I want to move "Program Files"

OK the steps as I have performed them (note that F: was my destination drive):

#1 Install "Windows 2003 Pro Ressource Kit".

#2 Go to DOS prompt and perform the following: xcopy /s /e /h /r /k /o /x "c:\program files" "f:\program files". This will take a while as it copying quite a massive amount of data from one disk to the other.

#3 Compare both "c*Stick Out Tongue windows cannot find c:\program files\ :program Files" and "f*Stick Out Tongue windows cannot find c:\program files\ :program Files" for bytes count and files count for a match.

#4 Reboot in safe mode as system administrator

#5 In dos prompt, enter rd /s "c:\Program Files". It worked, except for around 10 files (NERO and Acrobat) that I got an "Access Refused".

#6 Perform a rename "c:\Program Files" "c:\_p" to fix temporarely the situation, before linking the newly created "F:\Program Files".

#7 Now go to where the new tool resides by typing cd "F:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\", still in dos prompt.

#8 linkd "C:\Program Files" "F:\Program Files" (link the newly created "Program Files" back to C: drive)

#9 Reboot Windows

#10 Finally, delete the last bits of the previous setup located in "C:\_p" using Windows Explorer

Tada

It seems to work. I will try see if when I install new programs, that it will effectively put them in F:. The way I will see that is if I install a program, will the disk space in C: reduce as much as the install files or will it be the F:.

Anyway, for anyone else who would be tempted to do this, it seems rather simple and doesn't break the configuration.

Thema:

windows cannot find c:\program files\

1. windows cannot find c:\program files\ - Similar Threads - cannot find program

2. windows cannot find C:/Program files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot find C:/Program files...: so I just uninstalled and reinstalled epic games like 4 times and every time it says "windows can't find C:/Program files.." and so on, I check my actual files and I find what windows cannot....
  3. windows cannot find C:/Program files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find C:/Program files...: so I just uninstalled and reinstalled epic games like 4 times and every time it says "windows can't find C:/Program files.." and so on, I check my actual files and I find what windows cannot....
  4. Windows cannot find C:\ Program

Windows cannot find C:\ Program: I have formatted my laptop, still my windows keeps on displaying; Windows cannot find C:\ Program Files\ WindowsApps\ ad2f1837.hpsystemeventutility_1.2. 15.0_x64__v10z8vjag6...\SysInfoEx.exe'. Make sure to type name correctly and try again.What should I do?...
  5. Cannot Find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: The message below opens every time I power on my computer. I click ok and it goes away until next time. Windows 10 . This only started happening AFTER ALT F4 no longer was working to shut down the laptop. Any suggestions on how to fix ? Thank you.Windows cannot find...
  6. Cannot Find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: The message below opens every time I power on my computer. I click ok and it goes away until next time. Windows 10 . This only started happening AFTER ALT F4 no longer was working to shut down the laptop. Any suggestions on how to fix ? Thank you.Windows cannot find...
  7. Cannot Find C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

8. Cannot find C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find C:\Program...: So I'm not actually sure what I did wrong here. I was uninstalling some mods and games. Updating windows when this thing came up. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2103.17603.0_x64_8wekyb3d8...\Win32Bridge.Server.exeI tried to find it...
  9. Winows cannot find 'C: Program Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winows cannot find 'C: Program Files: I get this error message every morning when I turn on the PC: Windows cannot find C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2011.11613.0_x64.../Win32Bridge.Server.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  10. windows cannot find c:\program files\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows cannot find c:\program files\: Hi, I've logged in today and tried to open various programs and I'm getting hit with 'windows cannot find c:\program files\...' Everything was working fine yesterday and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I'm kind of at a loss about what to do to get this working...