Windows 10: windows cannot find 'defender.exe'

Discus and support windows cannot find 'defender.exe' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my windows defender doesn't open. I've tried many known methods to fix it such as:1. reset/repair windows security2. rebuild all apps to fix windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lucas Senes, Jun 13, 2024.

1. windows cannot find 'defender.exe'

my windows defender doesn't open. I've tried many known methods to fix it such as:1. reset/repair windows security2. rebuild all apps to fix windows security settings3. using system file checker to repair all corrupt files4. check for windows update5. enable background apps

:)

Lucas Senes, Jun 13, 2024

2. how to reinstall windows defender?

The system is infected by miners and other malware, which have deleted your Defender executables completely. A repair installation is suggested.

Before that, please do the following:

• Save Fixlist.txt in the same folder where EnglishFRST64.exe is.
    • Close all program windows.
    • Launch the Farbar Scanner tool and click "Fix".
    • Upload the output log file (FixLog.txt) to your OneDrive.

Once done, repair Windows 10. See How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide - Microsoft Community:

Redirecting

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 13, 2024
  3. Flowace Win User
    windows defender exe missing

If you are unable to find Windows Security or Windows Defender on your PC running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, it's possible that the application might be disabled, or there could be an issue with the installation. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue and ensure that Windows Security (formerly known as Windows Defender) is active on your system:

1. Check if Windows Security is enabled:
      • Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
      • Go to Update & Security.
      • In the left pane, select Windows Security.
      • Check if it shows "You're protected" or any security status. If you see any issues or errors, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve them.
    2. Check Windows Security Service:
      • Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
      • Type "services.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter.
      • In the Services window, look for "Windows Defender Antivirus Service."
      • Make sure the service status is "Running" and the startup type is set to "Automatic." If not, right-click on the service, choose "Properties," set the startup type to "Automatic," click "Start," and then click "OK."
    3. Perform a Full System Scan:
      • If you can access Windows Security, perform a full system scan to ensure your PC is free from any threats.
    4. Enable Windows Defender through Group Policy (for advanced users):
      • Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
      • Type "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
      • Navigate to "Computer Configuration" > "Administrative Templates" > "Windows Components" > "Windows Defender Antivirus."
      • Look for the policy named "Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus."
      • Double-click on it and set it to "Not Configured" or "Disabled."
      • Click "Apply" and then "OK."
    5. Check for Windows updates:
      • Sometimes, missing features or issues with Windows Security can be resolved by installing the latest Windows updates. Make sure your system is up-to-date by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
    If you've tried the above steps and Windows Security is still not visible or working correctly, there might be an issue with the Windows installation. In that case, you can try running the "sfc /scannow" command in the Command Prompt to scan and repair system files. Additionally, consider checking for malware or other third-party security software that might be conflicting with Windows Security.

If the problem persists, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft support or a qualified computer technician for further assistance, as they can help you troubleshoot the specific issue with your Windows 10 Pro for Workstations installation.

Flowace, Jun 13, 2024
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

windows cannot find 'defender.exe'

The State of Cryptocurrency

According to the reddit page i linked earlier, this is the solution:

• Disable Windows Real-Time Protection
    • Disable Cloud-delivered protection
    • Copy the .exe back over to the affected machine.
    • Add the .exe to the windows 10 defender exclusion list
    • Enable windows defender again to see if it would removed it again.
    • Startup claymore again.
    Here is how to add an exclusion:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...dd-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

Thema:

windows cannot find 'defender.exe'

1. windows cannot find 'defender.exe' - Similar Threads - cannot find 'defender

2. Windows cannot find an .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find an .exe file: Hi,so i downloaded a game cracked not from steam or epicgames a while ago and finished it, now i'd like to get rid of it because i needed space, i followed the instructions and uninsalled it with no issues, but when i open control panel i can clearly see that its still there...
  3. Windows cannot find an .exe file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find an .exe file: Hi,so i downloaded a game cracked not from steam or epicgames a while ago and finished it, now i'd like to get rid of it because i needed space, i followed the instructions and uninsalled it with no issues, but when i open control panel i can clearly see that its still there...
  4. Windows cannot find an .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  6. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  7. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find multiple exe files?: I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I just reset and reinstalled windows 10 on my personal pc. A family members PC is now however doing the same! We did not share...
  9. Cannot Find Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Find Windows Defender: I cant find my windows defender. It says that there is no security provider. why is that even though no removal process of the windows defender has benn done. [Original Title: windows defender.]...
  10. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...