Windows 10: Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

Discus and support Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased windows 10 almost 3 years ago for a PC that I built, I recently upgraded from the AM3 platform to AM4 with a new Ryzen processor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mlflowers631, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

I purchased windows 10 almost 3 years ago for a PC that I built, I recently upgraded from the AM3 platform to AM4 with a new Ryzen processor, motherboard, RAM etc. Everything loads up find into windows but when I run the activation troubleshooter, which is Microsoft's only method to re-activate with a digital license that I can find, it will not find my desktop. I am logged into the account that has the Windows 10 license and it has my old PC still associated with the account with the old FX-8350 processor. It recognizes the computer/new motherboard on my Microsoft account under devices (My Ryzen 2600x, 16 GB of ram etc.) but when I try to re-activate windows it only shows my Toshiba Satellite Laptop (another registered device also with a Win 10 digital license). I have tried all the pointless troubleshooting in the Microsoft help center, and if I'm being honest Microsoft customer support is absolutely atrocious with all this automated voices and virtual agents. So I turn to the community. How can I get my Windows 10 digital license activated on my new motherboard if the device will not show up in the activation troubleshooter after selected "I have made a hardware change" ?

:)

mlflowers631, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 6, 2018
  3. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

Can't activate after hardware change

Hi Sullivan,

In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), you can link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device. This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware
    change later, such as replacing the motherboard. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link. The link contains all the necessary information on how to reactive Windows 10 after a hardware
    change.

Sher Amo, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

1. Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help. - Similar Threads - cannot find device

2. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, I installed a new motherboard and processor, my old ones don't work anymore due to a severe power outage. I cannot reactivate Windows on my machine no matter what I do.I have the receipt with the windows code, typed it in that doesn't work either.When I click...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, I installed a new motherboard and processor, my old ones don't work anymore due to a severe power outage. I cannot reactivate Windows on my machine no matter what I do.I have the receipt with the windows code, typed it in that doesn't work either.When I click...
  4. Cannot reactivate windows after some hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate windows after some hardware change: HelloI need to change my motherboard and CPU for upgrades. After that my windows 10 suddenly showing activate windows watermark at lower right of my screen. I tried to use my product key but it won't work. It gives me an error saying. Unable to activate Windows. We can't...
  5. Cannot reactivate windows after some hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate windows after some hardware change: HelloI need to change my motherboard and CPU for upgrades. After that my windows 10 suddenly showing activate windows watermark at lower right of my screen. I tried to use my product key but it won't work. It gives me an error saying. Unable to activate Windows. We can't...
  6. Cannot reactivate windows after a hardware change

Cannot reactivate windows after a hardware change: Hi there I recently did a rebuild of my PC and now windows is saying it needs to be activated. I am still launching from the same SSD as I was on the previous build and have not reinstalled windows so it should be the same version. When I go to the activation settings...
  7. Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change

Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change: Ive recently changed out my motherboard and CPU and cannot reactivate my bought Windows 10 key. All the sources I have point toward using the Troubleshoot option in the Activation tab in Settings. When I do that I get an option for "I changed hardware on this device...
  8. cannot reactivate license after hardware change

cannot reactivate license after hardware change: Hi, I upgraded hardware on my PC and now my Windows version is no longer seen as active. When trying to reactivate It seems my old license tied to my user, and shows my computer name, but I cannot reactivate. It simply throws an error. How could I go about fixing this?...
  9. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, After making sure I have a retail key for Windows on this computer and linking it to my Microsoft account I went and swapped out my motherboard/cpu/ram yesterday. Now Windows is bugging me to activate it, I went through the troubleshooter, clicked "I changed my...
  10. Cannot reactivate after changing hardware

Cannot reactivate after changing hardware: I have Win10 attached to my live account. I swapped out my motherboard and cpu. I attempt to reactive via settings - update&security - troubleshoot - recently changed hardware. I select this device in its previous incarnation. I am given the error message attached....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot find device changes

2. reactivate windows after cannot find device

3. win cant identify system for reactivation