Windows 10: Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

Discus and support Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased windows 10 almost 3 years ago for a PC that I built, I recently upgraded from the AM3 platform to AM4 with a new Ryzen processor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mlflowers631, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

I purchased windows 10 almost 3 years ago for a PC that I built, I recently upgraded from the AM3 platform to AM4 with a new Ryzen processor, motherboard, RAM etc. Everything loads up find into windows but when I run the activation troubleshooter, which is Microsoft's only method to re-activate with a digital license that I can find, it will not find my desktop. I am logged into the account that has the Windows 10 license and it has my old PC still associated with the account with the old FX-8350 processor. It recognizes the computer/new motherboard on my Microsoft account under devices (My Ryzen 2600x, 16 GB of ram etc.) but when I try to re-activate windows it only shows my Toshiba Satellite Laptop (another registered device also with a Win 10 digital license). I have tried all the pointless troubleshooting in the Microsoft help center, and if I'm being honest Microsoft customer support is absolutely atrocious with all this automated voices and virtual agents. So I turn to the community. How can I get my Windows 10 digital license activated on my new motherboard if the device will not show up in the activation troubleshooter after selected "I have made a hardware change" ?

:)

mlflowers631, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 6, 2018
  3. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

Can't activate after hardware change

Hi Sullivan,

In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), you can link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device. This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware
    change later, such as replacing the motherboard. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link. The link contains all the necessary information on how to reactive Windows 10 after a hardware
    change.

Sher Amo, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help.

1. Windows cannot find device for reactivation after hardware change, please help. - Similar Threads - cannot find device

2. Problem with reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: I just changed my motherboard and CPU. Since i got Windows 10 through the free upgrade i dont really have a product key, so i followed the instruction from microsoft. I linked my "old computer" to my microsoft account and installed Windows 10 with a USB-Stick, but skipped...
  3. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Recently I switched out my motherboard and CPU, so I've been trying to reactivate Windows after reinstalling it. Before I changed my hardware, I made sure that my license was linked to my Microsoft account. However, when I go to the activation settings I get the...
  4. Reactivation issues after hardware change

Reactivation issues after hardware change: I recently swapped the motherboard and CPU in an attempt to keep my antique rig functional for a few more months. I used sysprep to generalize Windows prior to the swap and then did Fresh Start afterwards to get rid of any accumulated bloat/malware. The computer was...
  5. Reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivate windows after hardware change: Hello, I've recently upgraded my computer with all new parts, except SSD and HDD. On the SSD I had Windows 10 Pro installed since earlier. I bought it through Microsofts website and I can still see it in my order history. Now when I start my PC I get a message saying that...
  6. Reactivating after a hardware change

Reactivating after a hardware change: just upgraded my motherboard and processer and now I cant reactivate windows jus get the following message error code 0xc004c003 Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. anyone know what I need to do to fix this...
  7. Reactivate windows 10 after a big hardware change

Reactivate windows 10 after a big hardware change: I recently upgraded my PC and I changed everything. Literally, everything (except the GPU, can't afford yet) My previous installation was: CPU: i3-4160 Mobo: Asus H81M-D Installation: Kingston A400 SSD My new system is: CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x Mobo: MSI B450M Mortar...
  8. Unable to reactive windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reactive windows after hardware change: I upgrade my CPU from 6700K + Z170 Pro Gaming to I7-8700K + Z370 Aorus Gaming 3, after change, my windows ask to reactive license but I can't, who can help me...
  9. Reactivation of windows after hardware change

Reactivation of windows after hardware change: Hey, I know there are alot of these kinds of posts but none have the solution for my problem. I recently changed my motherboard and cpu and now my paid full retail version of windows 10 pro doesnt allow me to reactivate it on the same machine, I have gone through the...
  10. Reactivating windows 10 after hardware change

Reactivating windows 10 after hardware change: Hello, I have a problem activateing my windows 10 pro after hardware change. I have this problem After i click Troubleshoot it cames with this message I am logged in on my Microsoft account . Thanks :)...