Windows 10: "Windows cannot find" error that won't let me open downloaded files

Discus and support "Windows cannot find" error that won't let me open downloaded files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sudden problem with downloading files, no matter where I store them, even if in the base C: folder. Error I get: Windows cannot find" then a path,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AvidMary, Jun 9, 2020.

1. AvidMary Win User

"Windows cannot find" error that won't let me open downloaded files

Sudden problem with downloading files, no matter where I store them, even if in the base C: folder. Error I get: Windows cannot find" then a path, sometimes the path says AppData/Roaming, sometimes it's the legit path for the file. Also, DropBox app will not open, the same error results.

:)

AvidMary, Jun 9, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

tops, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused "Windows cannot find" error that won't let me open downloaded files :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Jun 9, 2020
  4. "Windows cannot find" error that won't let me open downloaded files

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

"Windows cannot find" error that won't let me open downloaded files

1. "Windows cannot find" error that won't let me open downloaded files - Similar Threads - cannot find error

2. I cannot use steam windows won't let me open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use steam windows won't let me open it: I cannot use steam. I downloaded the setup exe for it and windows won't let me open it. Something pops up and tells me to change app recommendation settings but i cant find that. How can I fix this?...
  3. I cannot use steam windows won't let me open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use steam windows won't let me open it: I cannot use steam. I downloaded the setup exe for it and windows won't let me open it. Something pops up and tells me to change app recommendation settings but i cant find that. How can I fix this?...
  4. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  5. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  6. Won't let me download windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me download windows 11.: So when I use the Microsoft health check app, It says everything is good and I am ready to install windows 11, but when I go into the settings app, it still says I do not meet the minimum requirements. thanks in advance for any answers...
  7. Won't let me download windows 11.

Won't let me download windows 11.: So when I use the Microsoft health check app, It says everything is good and I am ready to install windows 11, but when I go into the settings app, it still says I do not meet the minimum requirements. thanks in advance for any answers...
  8. Won't let me download windows 11.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. My Windows won't let me open some files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows won't let me open some files.: At first I thought it was my windows defender and it might be, but I can't turn it off. There is no option for it. I even opened CMD as trusted installer and admin, but the access was denied. I use advanced run to try and open these files, but I have no clue on how to really...
  10. Won't let me download games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me download games.: When I try to download a game it says I have no applicable devices to install on. Then when I go to my devices, I have my desktop clearly on there with no problems. SO when I click on that and try to install a game again it says I have no applicable devices even though I...