Windows 10: Windows cannot find **.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Discus and support Windows cannot find **.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, Microsoft I have a asus vivobook gaming laptop. I bought it 2 months ago. Some days ago when I Turn on my laptop. command prompt pop upped in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmanArun, Dec 9, 2020.

1. AmanArun Win User

Windows cannot find **.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Hey, Microsoft

I have a asus vivobook gaming laptop. I bought it 2 months ago. Some days ago when I Turn on my laptop. command prompt pop upped in my screen saying "

Windows cannot find file.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again
    " there is a close button there so I closed it and I continued with my work. after this problem I cant seem to find any changes to my laptop. it just pop up in my screen when I turn on. I want to fix this because its very annoying to look at. Can you help me?

:)

AmanArun, Dec 9, 2020
  2. LauNicole Win User

Windows cannot find ***.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

My computer was running fine untill to day. I keep getting the error messageWindows cannot find *.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

for every thing. When I try to open the task manager,regedit,system config, even when i was trying to install a new virus software. Everthing worked in safe mode. Any ideas on a possible solution

LauNicole, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Error on just 3 apps in Taskbar: Windows cannot find ***.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

Most apps in my Taskbar work fine but just from today 3 of them (Excel, Word and a label app I have used for many years) all produce this error:

Windows cannot find ***.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

SteveDunk1, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Windows cannot find **.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

windows cannot find Make sure you typed the name correctly. and then try again

Thanks for the respond

The exact error message is actually similiar for each app. The different only on the Path. For example

- when I tried to open task manager => Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

- The other app, for example, the NVIDIA GeForce experience => Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

This happens in every app when I tried to open it as Administrator

The idea is my laptop couldn't find the '.exe'. file but the files were there in the directory.

Here's my PC detail

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.2007

System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I've done the startup troubleshooting as it mentions above, but it said it couldn't repair the pc.

FadhilMusyaffa, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot find **.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

1. Windows cannot find **.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again - Similar Threads - cannot find exe

2. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  3. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  4. windows cannot find .exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find .exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this happened when i tried to run as administrator in all of the apps in my pc i also cant open registry i also tried repair upgrade but it also wont open...
  5. windows cannot find .exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

windows cannot find .exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this happened when i tried to run as administrator in all of the apps in my pc i also cant open registry i also tried repair upgrade but it also wont open...
  6. Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again: This occurs anytime I boot my PC. I've tried to reset, it still occurred and I've lost most of my apps due to the reset.Any ideas?<Moved from CPC>...
  7. Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again: This occurs anytime I boot my PC. I've tried to reset, it still occurred and I've lost most of my apps due to the reset.Any ideas?<Moved from CPC>...
  8. Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows cannot find ***.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find ***.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.........: I was trying opening my Game but it didn't open and started showing the same error msg I toldI tried many to do walk-through showed in Youtube but they all req CMD or Regedit or PowerShell or anything else which I can't open because of the same problem This computer was all...
  10. Windows cannot find *.exe,. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, then try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find *.exe,. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, then try again.: Hi All, Today morning I tried to change the ownership of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder from TrustedInstallerto my user account in W10 laptop. In between I cancelled the operation and at a later point I reverted back toTrustedInstaller. Now the folder is owned by...