Windows 10: Windows cannot find - fails for all installed applications on D drive SSD

Discus and support Windows cannot find - fails for all installed applications on D drive SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When trying to run applications installed on my D drive, I get the message "Windows cannot find <path to application>". I can open the D drive in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SimonRhodes1, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Windows cannot find - fails for all installed applications on D drive SSD

When trying to run applications installed on my D drive, I get the message "Windows cannot find <path to application>". I can open the D drive in File Explorer and manually navigate to the path containing the application. Clicking the application in File Explorer produces the same error. This same error is also occurring, for example, when clicking a PDF file on the D Drive. All was working fine on D until I rebooted machine earlier today.

I did run sfc /scannnow as admin and it reports no issues.

Appreciate any help please.

:)

SimonRhodes1, Jun 9, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 9, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    SSD and D Drive

Hi Stewart

This is the best possible setup for a system with a small SSD and large Data HDD, this will also prolong the lifespan of your SSD . . .

Move all your User Library folders to D:

Open Windows File Explorer

In the right hand pane, right click your Documents folder and choose Properties

Select the Location tab

In the Location box, type D:\Documents then click Apply and Ok

When that move completes, do the same for Pictures, Videos and Music

Each time, provide a new folder location, for example, Pictures will go to D:\Pictures

Move the location of all future content downloaded from the Microsoft Store

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - Storage - Change where new content is saved:

Change all options you find there to D

If you are a Steam Gamer

Stop all processes associated with Steam

Move the Steam folder to your D drive manually

Then open the Steam Control Panel and point that to the new location

Please Note: this should ideally be done before you begin installing any software

For 3rd party applications, some will allow you to choose an installation location, for those, create a new Program files folder on your D drive, then for each application, create a new sub-folder of that folder

Other 3rd party applications will not allow you to change the installation location, and there is no safe way to move those to your D drive . . .

DaveM121, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Windows cannot find - fails for all installed applications on D drive SSD

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot find - fails for all installed applications on D drive SSD

1. Windows cannot find - fails for all installed applications on D drive SSD - Similar Threads - cannot find fails

2. D Drive cannot find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive cannot find: Hi, The D drive of my laptop suddenly disappear. I am wondering how to fix it. It is shown as below in the device manager for the hard disk drive. Thanks. This device cannot start. Code 10 {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted...
  3. How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?: I actually have the answer to this. It doesn't have to be that hard. All of the stuff that the advisor told people to do is ridiculous. There are two methods.1 Go to Settings/System/Storage/Change where new content is saved. Here you can choose what types of files saved to...
  4. cant find d drive

cant find d drive: i used to be able to see d drive but after a format of the pc it disapeared it reapeared a few days later then dissapeared again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-d-drive/afa26e61-4acc-4ce0-a4de-c9fe4def06dc
  5. I cannot install a game in the drive D:\

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install a game in the drive D:\: I just recently bought a game from the App Store and I cannot install it. I did some research and I found that I have to delete or rename the folder: D:\WindowsApps I did it but when I try to install again the folder is re created empty and nothing else happen. Also I give...
  6. Windows cannot find application files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find application files: When I try to open any Office application or Nemo, Windows tells me it cannot find the relative application file. When I look for the file in question, it is invariably there in its proper location. This problem started all of a sudden, and I never had it before....
  7. Moving all installed applications on SSD to HD except Windows

Moving all installed applications on SSD to HD except Windows: Hi, I'd like to move all my installed applicationson my SSD, exceptWindows, to my HD with having to uninstall and reinstall. Is there a safe procedure that permits this or a freeware utility to safely achieve this? Thanks,...
  8. SSD and D Drive

SSD and D Drive: I have a new PC with a SSD and normal hard drive. How do I get the default for files (new, explore, save etc) to be to the D Drive. I seem to have ended up with 2 versions and they aren't in syncd...
  9. Application Installed On C: To D:

Application Installed On C: To D:: Hello, I have 48 out of 103 GB on my C drive but I have 930 GB free on my D drive. If I installed an application on my C drive but wanted to use the storage on the D drive, can I just transfer that application's files to the D drive? Could the application get corrupted? Or...
  10. Windows Search cannot find new installed application

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search cannot find new installed application: Hi all, recently I observed that, the windows search fails to index my new installed application. This applies for both desktop application as well as application installed from windows store. The search still works for application which were installed from before. I...