Windows 10: Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again

Discus and support Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So all of a sudden, I cannot open ANY image file on my computer OR external hard drive. I can open the images in paint or gimp, basically any image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Subsquentual, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again

So all of a sudden, I cannot open ANY image file on my computer OR external hard drive. I can open the images in paint or gimp, basically any image editing software... But as far as opening the image in a photo viewer does not work.

I saw a problem similar to this however the person asking the question was having trouble with EXE files. A suggested answer stated that having AVAST installed caused the problem. I have AVAST and recently started the 60 day free trial they have for the premium version...

I don't know if AVAST is causing it. All I know is I cannot view my images, it's frustrating, and I cannot figure out how to fix it. So if someone could please give me an answer... I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thank you.

EDIT

Turns out it isn't exactly image files... Instead all of my photo viewers have been... Corrupted? Or removed?

My Microsoft store is also gone?

:)

Subsquentual, Jan 30, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 30, 2019
  3. I cannot open files saved to my desktop - Dialog Box: "Windows cannot find (path)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I have changed the path for all downloaded files (awhile ago) to save automatically to desktop rather than to a downloads folder. Today, however, when trying to access files on my desktop I am receiving this error message "Windows cannot find (path)'. Make
    sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Path example is C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\Flyer 2017.jpg

HELP!

Sarah Lalone, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again

windows cannot find Make sure you typed the name correctly. and then try again

Thanks for the respond

The exact error message is actually similiar for each app. The different only on the Path. For example

- when I tried to open task manager => Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

- The other app, for example, the NVIDIA GeForce experience => Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

This happens in every app when I tried to open it as Administrator

The idea is my laptop couldn't find the '.exe'. file but the files were there in the directory.

Here's my PC detail

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.2007

System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I've done the startup troubleshooting as it mentions above, but it said it couldn't repair the pc.

FadhilMusyaffa, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again

1. Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again - Similar Threads - Cannot Find File

2. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  3. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  4. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  5. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  6. Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.: When I open .bat or .cmd files through explorer, it throws said error, but launching it from cmd is just fine. I tried almost all guides I found:site 1site 2site 3and none of them worked. I still can open files as administartor and they will work as intended, but not only it...
  7. Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.: So recently I was not able to open any image files jpg, png, etc. though I was able to open them on paint and stuff like that, not only image files I also found that I was not able to open downloaded files for word. I have tried to using Window's power shell with the...
  8. Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.: So recently I was not able to open any image files jpg, png, etc. though I was able to open them on paint and stuff like that, not only image files I also found that I was not able to open downloaded files for word. I have tried to using Window's power shell with the...
  9. Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.: I downloaded a file sent by my teacher thru fb. But when I go to the download button, then click the open file, there's a tab that says "Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again." I don't know what to do, and I can't do my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every time all apps are windows cannot find c:/program; make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again