Windows 10: Windows cannot find file

Discus and support Windows cannot find file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I receive an error message saying "windows cannot find..." when trying to open outlook and excel, might be more as well, have only tried this. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GaryLe Breton, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Windows cannot find file

I receive an error message saying "windows cannot find..." when trying to open outlook and excel, might be more as well, have only tried this.

i receive the same message when trying via a shortcut and when clicking on the actual exe file itself eg. outlook.exe.

AVG tune up updated over night, however i still recieve that message after disabling AVG

any advice would be appreciated.

:)

GaryLe Breton, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Windows cannot find file

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot find file

1. Windows cannot find file - Similar Threads - cannot find file

2. "Windows cannot find the especified file".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows cannot find the especified file".: When opening almost any file, I get this error. I determined the cause, Windows is searching in folder "C:\Users\me\Desktop\..." or "C:\Users\me\Downloads\..." when these folders are actually named "Escritorio" and "Descargas". How can I fix it?...
  3. "Windows cannot find the especified file".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows cannot find the especified file".: When opening almost any file, I get this error. I determined the cause, Windows is searching in folder "C:\Users\me\Desktop\..." or "C:\Users\me\Downloads\..." when these folders are actually named "Escritorio" and "Descargas". How can I fix it?...
  4. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot Find File

Cannot Find File: [ATTACH] When I sign in, after a few seconds, I have started getting a message 'Windows Cannot Find File Microsoft.549981C...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe". See Capture. When I click OK I am able to work without problem. Or have I not discovered the problem yet?. This started...
  6. Windows cannot find specified file.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot find specified file.: For some reason every startup, this error message pops up if I don't have my tablet connected prior to starting up, it's not anything damaging, but it's a bit annoying that every time that I don't want to use the tablet, I get the "Windows cannot find specified file" message...
  7. Windows cannot find uninstall.exe file.

Windows cannot find uninstall.exe file.: I am trying to uninstall a program called Steam an online launcher for PC games but when I tried to uinstall it from the Apps list under Windows Settings, an error message pops up saying that the uninstall.exe could not be found. So I tried a couple of different solutions,...
  8. cannot find file

cannot find file: I cant open this specific word document even though I saved it, it's coming up with the message seen in the subject. it is so frustrating and I think it is because it was saved with a file already with the same name, is there any way I can get it back?...
  9. Windows cannot find file

Windows cannot find file: I need some help man. I have this software for my pedals for iRa[IMG]cing but when I try to open it I keep getting this error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program numerous times with no fix. Any ideas on what is causing this? I had the same issue with the...
  10. Windows cannot find file message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find file message: I am having problems running some program shortcuts on my laptop. I am getting messages similar to the following:- Windows cannot find 'C\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPSF.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. Can...