Windows 10: Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10

Discus and support Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When searching for Group Policy or gpedit.msc on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, if you receive a message Windows cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 11, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10

Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10 Windows-cannot-find-GPEDIT.png
    When searching for Group Policy or gpedit.msc on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, if you receive a message Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC, Make sure you’ve typed the name correctly, then try again, then this post will explain why this happens and what you can do about it, Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC If you […]

This article Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2022
  3. BrianTJUK Win User
    I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Jan 11, 2022
  4. Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10

how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Jan 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10

1. Windows cannot find GPEDIT.MSC on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - cannot find GPEDIT

2. GPEDIT does not show Administrative Templates in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    GPEDIT does not show Administrative Templates in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If GPEDIT or Local Group Policy Editor does not show Administrative Templates on Windows 11/10 PC, here is how you can fix the issue. There could be several reasons, including corrupt or missing system files, a bug or glitch, etc. Here, we have gathered some of the...
  3. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  4. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  5. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. gpedit windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit windows 10 pro: Administrator templates are missing from gpedit for Windows 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-windows-10-pro/a633cbf4-ef12-40da-b828-36a4c6f3fe53
  7. gpedit window resizing

gpedit window resizing: If I resize gpedit window, the next time I open gpedit it will be the original size. How can I size it to stay the size I want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-window-resizing/e238ea26-a077-4963-8737-dd028de60e4b
  8. windows cannot find msc

windows cannot find msc: There is a problem. 0x80002034 or maybe the last digit is a 2 ??? I cannot activate System Restore nor backup my System Windows 10 Pro 64 bit The system worked for almost a year and now it has a malfunction. Please advise...
  9. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  10. No gpedit in 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    No gpedit in 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Professional (build 10586)but no gpedit. How do I get it? 60090