Windows 10: Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

Discus and support Windows cannot find multiple exe files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ricricardo006, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I just reset and reinstalled windows 10 on my personal pc. A family members PC is now however doing the same! We did not share any files in-between the couple of days that everything was fine and then wasn't. Does anyone have any idea as to why this may be happening?

submitted by /u/ricricardo006
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ricricardo006, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 10, 2020
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

1. Windows cannot find multiple exe files? - Similar Threads - cannot find multiple

2. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  3. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  4. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot download .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download .exe files: Greetings everyone, I'm having an issue with my Windows 10 installation : Windows is blocking every .exe file download. All the solutions I've found consisted in updating the internet options... Thus, I am joining a screenshot of my internet options + Windows defender...
  6. Windows no longer finds .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows no longer finds .exe files: Having a problem getting exe files to run. Office365 now will not start word, excel etc. If I go to the word doc and double click Windows says it cannot find it. If I navigate to the winword.exe it says it cannot find it. Having the same issue with itunes, adobe acrobat...
  7. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....
  8. Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file: Hi, I am having trouble finding the compatibility tab under properties of an exe. file. I am going through tech support for an issue about software i downloaded from them. they want me to change the DPI settings within the compatibility tab, but i dont see the tab. I...
  9. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  10. Cannot open. exe files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open. exe files: When I am trying to open . exe file I am getting a message "The system cannot find the file specified " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-open-exe-files/b3c0e678-448b-473e-8c29-6a0cc1961698