Windows 10: Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.

Discus and support Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a file sent by my teacher thru fb. But when I go to the download button, then click the open file, there's a tab that says "Windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fallencrows, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.

I downloaded a file sent by my teacher thru fb. But when I go to the download button, then click the open file, there's a tab that says "Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again." I don't know what to do, and I can't do my narrative report without the form.

:)

fallencrows, Sep 5, 2021
  2. red268 Win User

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Rosalindd Win User
    Windows cannot find 'C:\users (insert file directory)' make sure you've typed the name correctly.

Since the latest Windows 10 update I've been unable to open anything in 'my pictures' folder with a double click. I get the following error message every time I attempt to open a picture file or video file: Windows cannot find 'C:\users (insert file
    directory
    )' make sure you've typed the name correctly.

• I've looked at my folder's options and 'quick access' is not set.
    • I can open the files by right clicking and selecting 'open with'.
    • I've found no issues after running 'sfc /scannow'.

Please help!

Thanks.

Rosalindd, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.

directory listing file does not show Greek names correctly

Thank you very much for your reply. I did it but it did not solve the problem. The answer was ???????? ?????? in GR.doc in the dirlst2.txt.
    My desktop runs WIN10 ver 1909 (build 18363535

- - - Updated - - -

I have to add a few info concerning the installation of windows.
    - Win10 were installed with English as installation language. Greek was added as second language later.
    - when the prime language is English then even in command prompt the dir listing of a file with greek name is not displayed correctly but with garbage characters in name
    - when primary language is defined Greek then the file name is correct in command prompt listing but not in the file produced by dir *.* >c:\tmp\dirlst.txt command

Pericles Pap, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.

1. Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again. - Similar Threads - cannot find *name

2. Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: hi, when i wanna uninstall an app from my pc, i receive an error that says: " Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again "; and app that i said , is showing in my installed-app list; what can i do?...
  3. Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: hi, when i wanna uninstall an app from my pc, i receive an error that says: " Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again "; and app that i said , is showing in my installed-app list; what can i do?...
  4. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this pop up appears every time when i try to open instagram, facebook and X downloaded from microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-the-name/9d2aa550-826b-4bd7-bef0-3a4da4b23b91
  5. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this pop up appears every time when i try to open instagram, facebook and X downloaded from microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-the-name/9d2aa550-826b-4bd7-bef0-3a4da4b23b91
  6. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  7. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  8. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  9. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  10. Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.: So recently I was not able to open any image files jpg, png, etc. though I was able to open them on paint and stuff like that, not only image files I also found that I was not able to open downloaded files for word. I have tried to using Window's power shell with the...