Windows 10: Windows "cannot find" programs from Task Bar

Discus and support Windows "cannot find" programs from Task Bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update (current version is 10.0.18363 Build 18363) and some serious "housecleaning", several program links on my Task Bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BSchuhle, Jun 14, 2020.

1. BSchuhle Win User

Windows "cannot find" programs from Task Bar

After a recent Windows 10 update (current version is 10.0.18363 Build 18363) and some serious "housecleaning", several program links on my Task Bar became inoperable, returning messages like this:

Windows "cannot find" programs from Task Bar [​IMG]

Even going to the .exe file in the Programs folder and double-clicking it directly returns a similar message as does locating a file created by the program and double-clicking that. I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

:)

BSchuhle, Jun 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows "cannot find" programs from Task Bar - Similar Threads - cannot find programs

2. Windows cannot find C Program -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find C Program -...: Whenever i start my laptop Windows 10 - HP Envy, i get the attached error - Windows cannot find C Progrram - Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_6.55219.341.0x64_v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe' Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again....
  3. Cannot Move the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Move the Task Bar: I just received my Alienware M15-R6 loaded with Windows 11 and after a rocky setup where somehow I had to do it twice, I found right away that there is no more feature to move the taskbar. I want it on the side, like I have with ALL my OS desktops, for years. Why would they...
  4. Cannot Move the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Move the Task Bar: I just received my Alienware M15-R6 loaded with Windows 11 and after a rocky setup where somehow I had to do it twice, I found right away that there is no more feature to move the taskbar. I want it on the side, like I have with ALL my OS desktops, for years. Why would they...
  5. Programs won't open from Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs won't open from Task Bar: I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 360GHz, 10MB mem, 1TB hdd, win 10.I I chose the wrong forum, please move and let me knowThis morning when I tried to open several internet links from the task bar I get the following warning:It seems to apply only to those associated with Edge. I...
  6. Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar: I have been round and round with Microsoft. Whenever I plug in a second monitor my programs will not maximize. They are open on the taskbar, but I cannot open them to full size. Yes my computer is updated, spent all day today installing updates. Does anyone know what the...
  7. Windows cannot find program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find program: When opening certain games in xbox game pass I am given the error : Windows cannot find "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Team17DigitalLimited.WormsW.M.DWin10_1.9.352.0_x64_j5x4vj4y67jhc\WormsW.M.D.exe". Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again....
  8. Program on task bar

Program on task bar: HI, I have particular program will not open from the task bar. When launched it goes straight to the task bar. Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-on-task-bar/d51643d1-6b60-47f7-9f13-4f5e21c215bd
  9. circles on task bar opening programs

circles on task bar opening programs: I have blinking circles on my task bar opening up programs and not allowing me to use my mouse to control anything. This is after Windows 10 update. Help Please!...
  10. Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.

Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.: I have program Voice Metter Banana and it used to work but one day it stop showing when i click on it on task bar. I searched forums and find some tips like maybe its 1px*1px so i should try to maximize the window but this program does not support this feature could any...