Windows 10: Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager

Discus and support Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi - I'm trying to access the device manager on a new(ish) laptop and it comes up with the "Windows cannot find specified device, path, or file"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joseph_HTMP, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager

Hi - I'm trying to access the device manager on a new(ish) laptop and it comes up with the "Windows cannot find specified device, path, or file" warning. I've run a search for "device manager" and its come up with a shortcut, which I can access. But I still can't access it from the start menu.

Can anyone help me fix this? Thank you.

submitted by /u/Joseph_HTMP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joseph_HTMP, Apr 7, 2021

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager

device manager

Driver error code 28 is caused by a missing or corrupted driver. To troubleshoot this, kindly follow these steps:

• From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.
    • Right-click the device in the list.
    • Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
    • After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

Also, if you found any other driver errors on Device Properties>General, kindly specify it.

Let us know how things go.

Allan Mej, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager

1. Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager - Similar Threads - cannot find specified

2. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  3. cannot find carmera in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find carmera in device manager.: Trying to get the camera on my laptop to work. The computer just went out of warranty 2 days ago. Has **** Windows 11 been installed? Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-carmera-in-device-manager/eb19a38a-3924-4c1b-b23b-37bd94358863
  4. cannot find carmera in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find carmera in device manager.: Trying to get the camera on my laptop to work. The computer just went out of warranty 2 days ago. Has **** Windows 11 been installed? Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-carmera-in-device-manager/eb19a38a-3924-4c1b-b23b-37bd94358863
  5. Windows 10 Device Manager error "The system cannot find the file specified"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Device Manager error "The system cannot find the file specified": Hello everyone, today I was updating my drivers when I came upon an issue where when I manually selected files for two of my driver to update them, Windows gave me these errors screenshots below The two drivers experiencing this issue are IntelR iCLS Client and IntelR...
  6. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device: Tried to download Java 8 and when I tried opening the file I got the error message: Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device. I also tried the other three methods for downloading Java offline, online, offline 64 bit, etc. My computer has Windows 10 Pro but I don't have a...
  7. Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.: I accidentally "removed" my apple airpods from my PC, I meant to disconnect. I cannot find the device anymore. I went to Device Manager, then I downloaded a few third party applications, Ghostbuster and Devmanview, to try to find the airpods. I cannot find anything that...
  8. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device: Hi, I have a problem, when i open a application for Installation, this popup appear "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Please help me...
  9. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: so i have had this problem it said this windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions and when i try to figer it out i dont have account roll of the adminster and i dont know what do plz help me it wold help a lot ps hi...
  10. I cannot find ports in device manager

I cannot find ports in device manager: I need a port to connect my weaving loom software to my AVL loom. On this computer, Lenovo ideapad 320 windows 10 the device manager does not list ports. All coms on my portchecker show unavailable. please help. how do I find a port?...