Windows 10: WINDOWS CANNOT FIND STARTUPS.EXE

Discus and support WINDOWS CANNOT FIND STARTUPS.EXE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get this error message every time I boot up, & have to say its OK before I use my computer. If Windows cannot find their own files, I sure don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ajseaman, Feb 10, 2019.

1. ajseaman Win User

WINDOWS CANNOT FIND STARTUPS.EXE

I get this error message every time I boot up, & have to say its OK before I use my computer. If Windows cannot find their own files, I sure don't know how. over the last weeks, three techs have told me: DON'T WORRY. I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE---but after 8 hours each time, they have managed to wipe out my email, charge me $200 to replace it, but WINDOWS CANNOT FIND STARTUPS.EXE still comes up every time, & I still have to say OK---even thought it is not OK. Any ideas?

:)

ajseaman, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    EXE in Startup folder not running

I have the same problem with MS works calendar reminder, the .exe is listed in the startup folder but at the time specified for the reminder it doesn't show the reminder pop-up.
    Tbh this was also a problem under Win 7 & 8/8.1 but rectified it by copying the alarm/calendar reminder .exe to the startup folder, this doesn't work with 10.

Bastet, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS CANNOT FIND STARTUPS.EXE - Similar Threads - CANNOT FIND STARTUPS

2. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  3. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  4. Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10: Windows 10 OS keeps all the important system files, exe, and DLLs inside the System32 folder. These programs are indirectly or directly accessed by both users and the OS, but if they are missing, you will receive an error— %windir%\System32\abcd.exe on Windows 10. This...
  5. Aux exe at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aux exe at startup: Each time I start up my computer microsoft aux switch exe box appears for a few seconds. In every other respect my computer works 100%. Is this normal? What does this do? Thanks...
  6. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find multiple exe files?: I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I just reset and reinstalled windows 10 on my personal pc. A family members PC is now however doing the same! We did not share...
  8. Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file: Hi, I am having trouble finding the compatibility tab under properties of an exe. file. I am going through tech support for an issue about software i downloaded from them. they want me to change the DPI settings within the compatibility tab, but i dont see the tab. I...
  9. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  10. Windows 10 Personalized Settings cannot find Rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Personalized Settings cannot find Rundll32.exe: Windows 10 Personalized Settings cannot find Rundll32.exe Overall trying to ascertain why I get a Black-Screen-Of-Death after boot. (A cursor shows and can be moved) My 32bit PC that MS determined would work fine with Win 10 (and did work fine in Win 7) is failing in...