Windows 10: Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Discus and support Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open .bat or .cmd files through explorer, it throws said error, but launching it from cmd is just fine. I tried almost all guides I found:site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hellbowe ., Apr 28, 2023.

1. Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

When I open .bat or .cmd files through explorer, it throws said error, but launching it from cmd is just fine. I tried almost all guides I found:site 1site 2site 3and none of them worked. I still can open files as administartor and they will work as intended, but not only it requires more effort, error sometimes happens with other applications just happend in Steam, when I tried to launch a game. Here are some screenshots: Path variable ↑Also I can suppose that this problem started when I tried to change desktop username, as I had problems with it here. Thanks in advance for any help

:)

hellbowe ., Apr 28, 2023

2. Windows cannot find '-a'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again.

On every startup I get this error message:

Windows cannot find '-a'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again.

this message also popup whenever I try to run CMD or COMMAND

Farid Shawki, Apr 28, 2023
  3. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly

Hi Salvo

Follow the steps below.

Clean boot means starting up your operating system with only those drivers and startup programs that are essential for it to function.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...

Next, perform SFC tools. SFC command is to restore corrupted files. Follow these steps.

- Click on "Search" from the taskbar

- Type cmd (Command Prompt)

- Right click on Command Prompt from the search results list.

- Click Run as administrator.

- When Command Prompt launches, type the command: sfc /scannow

Next, perform DISM tools. DISM can be used to service and prepare Windows images.

- Click on "Search" from the taskbar

- Type cmd (Command Prompt)

- Right click on Command Prompt from the search results list.

- Click Run as administrator.

- When Command Prompt launches, type the command below. Enter each of the command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hope it will help.

Thank you.

AnthonyLabramonte, Apr 28, 2023
  4. Danxoxo Win User

Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

cmd pops up saying Windows cannot find *xxx*. Make sure you typed the name correctly.

My laptop was infected with a seemingly dangerous virus when i tried to install a game a few months back and for a moment i lost control over the programs that were trying to open on its own and showing ads while i was unable even shut down my laptop. i
    force shut down my laptop again and installed and tried out multiple antiviruses to make sure everything was cleared up. But my cmd started popping up(usually when i charge my laptop) saying windows cannot find 'c:\user\lenovo\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\Windows\degthaae\vagiirva.exe

Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. There are no files named as such in the destination which i assume was cleared out during my antivirus clean up. But the cmd pop up just won't stop. It pops up every 30 mins or so and i dont know what
    to do. I tried multiple things but nothing seems to work. Please help.
    Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. 32c764b4-5296-47ca-95e8-161961700a1d?upload=true.jpg

Danxoxo, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

1. Windows cannot find 'test.cmd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. - Similar Threads - cannot find 'test

2. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this pop up appears every time when i try to open instagram, facebook and X downloaded from microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-the-name/9d2aa550-826b-4bd7-bef0-3a4da4b23b91
  3. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this pop up appears every time when i try to open instagram, facebook and X downloaded from microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-the-name/9d2aa550-826b-4bd7-bef0-3a4da4b23b91
  4. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  5. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  6. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  7. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  8. Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again: This occurs anytime I boot my PC. I've tried to reset, it still occurred and I've lost most of my apps due to the reset.Any ideas?<Moved from CPC>...
  9. Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Windows cannot find ".exe" make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again: This occurs anytime I boot my PC. I've tried to reset, it still occurred and I've lost most of my apps due to the reset.Any ideas?<Moved from CPC>...
  10. Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again.: I downloaded a file sent by my teacher thru fb. But when I go to the download button, then click the open file, there's a tab that says "Windows cannot find *name of the file*. Make sure you type the name correctly, then try again." I don't know what to do, and I can't do my...