Windows 10: Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms during windows 10 installation

Discus and support Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms during windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to clean install windows 10 1809 on my Lenovo G40-45 with usb stick Because the install.wim is too big for fat32 so i splited it with dism... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hammam Afiq, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms during windows 10 installation

I want to clean install windows 10 1809 on my Lenovo G40-45 with usb stick

Because the install.wim is too big for fat32 so i splited it with dism command

Dism /Split-Image /ImageFile:I:\sources\install.wim /SWMFile:H:\sources\install*.swm /FileSize:4096

Where I: is my mounted ISO and H: is my usb stick

The command operation was succesful and returned install.swm and install2.swm in H:\sources\

I booted the usb and then selecting windows version i want to install, which is windows 10 Education. After that, the error pop up

"Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure your installation sources are valid and restart the installation."

How to fix this error ?

Do i miss something on splitting the install.wim?

I already downloaded the iso multiple times from Microsoft. Still no luck.

Please help me.

:)

Hammam Afiq, Dec 1, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

License Agreement Confusion Causes Misinformation over Windows 10 Overreach

Over the last weekend there's been quite some misinformation doing the rounds, stating that a license agreement you agreed to before upgrading to Windows 10, allows Microsoft to remotely disable pirated software (eg: games, apps). This may have caused fence-sitters on the Windows 10 upgrade to decide to stay on older platforms, and for some to even revert to their older Windows 7 installations. It turns out, that the situation has been grossly misread.

Microsoft Services EULA is the one which states that Microsoft may "prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices," however, this is not the license that governs your Windows installation. It only pertains to "Microsoft Services" (Windows Store content, Xbox Live, live tiles, etc.) The license governing Windows is the MSLT (Microsoft Software License Terms), and so there won't be a case of Microsoft reaching out to disable pirated software from running on Windows.

Source: Windows Central

btarunr, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    License Agreement Confusion Causes Misinformation over Windows 10 Overreach

Yet this says otherwise:

Microsoft Windows 10 comes with yet another caveat. If you are running any pirated games or counterfeit software on your Windows 10 machine, then according to the latest addition to the End User Licence Agreement terms of conditions Microsoft has the power to remotely uninstall such software.

This statement was spotted by PC Authority in the EULA and lets Microsoft not only disable counterfeit software but also hardware. According to Section 7b or “Updates to the Services or Software, and Changes to These Terms,” part of the Microsoft Services end user license agreement (EULA) it states that, “Sometimes you’ll need software updates to keep using the Services. We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Services.”

Caring1, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms during windows 10 installation

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms during windows 10 installation

1. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms during windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - cannot find Microsoft

2. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows Server Essentials 2022/2019 in Virtual box and VMware, but this error prompt always shows up "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation sources are valid and restart the...
  3. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows Server Essentials 2022/2019 in Virtual box and VMware, but this error prompt always shows up "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation sources are valid and restart the...
  4. How do you fix 'windows cannot find Microsoft software license terms'.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you fix 'windows cannot find Microsoft software license terms'.: I have a brand new built PC and i have installed windows 10 onto a flash drive, i plugged it into my PC and when i go to press what type of windows 10 i want to install, it comes up with an error message telling me that windows cant find the Microsoft software license terms....
  5. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...: After taking an update from Microsoft, my Windows 10 became corrupted. I've downloaded the media files onto a flash drive but getting the error, "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation sources are valid and restart the...
  6. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...

Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...: After taking an update from Microsoft, my Windows 10 became corrupted. I've downloaded the media files onto a flash drive but getting the error, "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation sources are valid and restart the...
  7. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure that the installation...

8. Windows Cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms Error, while Inplace upgrading...

Windows Cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms Error, while Inplace upgrading...: Hi Team, We are performing Inplace upgrade of Windows Server 2012 Std to Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. But when we run setup.exe, below error prompts and we are unable to perform the upgrade. We tried removing the machine from Domain. Same error... Insight on VM: We were...
  9. "Microsoft cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms...."

"Microsoft cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms....": Hi. Everything is explained. I can not find it via CMD, Registry Editor nor notepad batch script. I want to reinstall it, but apparently I can t do that neither even because I do not have a key. I select an option "I don t have a key" and move forward but an error...
  10. Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 and Windows Server operating systems have a number of common system files. These files vary from the ones supporting the installation, boot and what not in the operating systems. But the corruption of some files may cause a [...] This post Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find microsoft software license terms

2. windows cannot find microsoft licensing terms

3. windows cannot find the microsoft license

4. Windows cannot found valid license erro during the installation,
  5. windows 10 CM Windows cannot find the license terms,
  6. sysprep dism windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms,
  7. window 10 setup Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms,
  8. window 10 cannot find microsoft license terms,
  9. windows cannot find the windows licensing terms,
  10. ‘windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms’ error during windows 10 installation,
  11. microsoft cannot find microsoft software licenceterm windows 10 installation