Windows 10: Windows cannot find the Path "..", Make sure you typed it correctly

Discus and support Windows cannot find the Path "..", Make sure you typed it correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Many applications on my laptop have stopped opening. The amount increased after windows10 1903 update. Whenever I try to open some applications like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abinash S, May 26, 2019.

1. Abinash S Win User

Windows cannot find the Path "..", Make sure you typed it correctly

Many applications on my laptop have stopped opening. The amount increased after windows10 1903 update. Whenever I try to open some applications like Microsoft Office, Wamp Server, I get this error message. I went to that path, but all the files are still there. Please help me.

Windows cannot find the Path "..", Make sure you typed it correctly a9b133c1-0871-4dd3-ac97-99285c7e233e?upload=true.jpg

:)

Abinash S, May 26, 2019

2. I cannot open files saved to my desktop - Dialog Box: "Windows cannot find (path)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I have changed the path for all downloaded files (awhile ago) to save automatically to desktop rather than to a downloads folder. Today, however, when trying to access files on my desktop I am receiving this error message "Windows cannot find (path)'. Make
    sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Path example is C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\Flyer 2017.jpg

HELP!

Sarah Lalone, May 26, 2019
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, May 26, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows cannot find the Path "..", Make sure you typed it correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows cannot find the Path "..", Make sure you typed it correctly - Similar Threads - cannot find Path

2. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  3. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  4. Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.: So recently I was not able to open any image files jpg, png, etc. though I was able to open them on paint and stuff like that, not only image files I also found that I was not able to open downloaded files for word. I have tried to using Window's power shell with the...
  5. Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.: So recently I was not able to open any image files jpg, png, etc. though I was able to open them on paint and stuff like that, not only image files I also found that I was not able to open downloaded files for word. I have tried to using Window's power shell with the...
  6. Windows cannot find "File Path". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows cannot find explorer.exe, Make sure you typed the name correctly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find explorer.exe, Make sure you typed the name correctly: [ATTACH]Many users have reported this issue that when they click on the File Explorer icon present in the taskbar of their Windows 11/10 computer, they receive an error, and are unable to open File Explorer. Though there are many ways to open File Explorer of Windows 11/10...
  8. Windows cannot find "winservices.exe". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot find "winservices.exe". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...: The windows defender detected coin miner malware. It requires access to winservices.exe.Before I removed this malware. winservices.exe can be found in the Program files/winincludes/ folder. Now it has been removed.I blocked and remove the malware using windows defender. It...
  9. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly: Crazy morning!!! Today Windows doesn't want find a couple of programs. Some are in C drive other in D driver. Office too is not working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, for example Foxit, but I cannot still run it. To run the programm I went under the directory and...
  10. Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Cannot Find "File Path" Make Sure You Typed the Name Correctly, and Then Try Again: So all of a sudden, I cannot open ANY image file on my computer OR external hard drive. I can open the images in paint or gimp, basically any image editing software... But as far as opening the image in a photo viewer does not work. I saw a problem similar to this however...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error-check tha path to make sure it was typed correctly.

2. make sure it is in the PATH