Windows 10: Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 OS keeps all the important system files, exe, and DLLs inside the System32 folder. These programs are indirectly or directly accessed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 31, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10

Windows 10 OS keeps all the important system files, exe, and DLLs inside the System32 folder. These programs are indirectly or directly accessed by both users and the OS, but if they are missing, you will receive an error— %windir%\System32\abcd.exe on Windows 10. This applies to the following but not limited to these programs

• systempropertiesadvanced.exe
    • rundll32.exe
    • optionalfeatures.exe
    • systempropertiesprotection.exe
    • msdt.exe
    • taskmgr.exe.

Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe

Fortunately, it is easy to fix and restore the programs if they are missing from the system folder using System commands. All you need is an administrator account to run those commands

1] Edit Environmental Variables

Before we go ahead, there is one important thing you need to check. If you are trying to run the programs directly, but the system path to the directory is set incorrectly, then the fix is rather easy. The programs are many a time accessed using %WINDIR%.

• Press the Start button, and type environment variables in the search box
    • When the option— Edit the System Environment Variables —appears. Click to open it.
    • Click on Environmental Variables in the Advanced tab
    • In the next open window, under System variables, locate windir. It should be set as C:\Windows, where C is the partition where Windows is installed.

Anything else, you will need to change it to the correct directory.

2] Run System File Checker to Restore the Windir System32 EXE files

Now that you are sure that there is no problem with the path and the files cannot be directly accessed, it’s time to run the SFC or System File Checker command. This system tool can check if any system file is missing or corrupted, and replace it.

Open the Run prompt using Win + R keys. Type CMD, and then press the Shift+Enter key together to launch the Command Prompt with admin privileges.

Execute the following command

sfc /scannow

If a file is missing, then you will receive an error message which would say—

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.LOG file.

Post this you will be able to directly launch the program either by directly typing the exact name or using the full direct path.

NOTE: If you see this error message occurring for a third-party program, then you should consider reinstalling the program.

I hope the post was helpful.

Related: Windows cannot find C:/Windows/regedit.exe.

This article Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 31, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2021
  3. PolPilot1 Win User
    C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\cmd.exe /k %windir%\\system32\\ipconfig.exe Windows 10 что это?

C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\cmd.exe /k %windir%\\system32\\ipconfig.exe Windows 10 что это?

PolPilot1, May 31, 2021
  4. Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10

Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe'.

Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe' when i click on advance system setting in pc properties on windows 7 32 bit

Moved to Windows 7 Forum

gopikrishna3, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10

1. Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot find Windir

2. Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe: Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-windir-system32/61ccd9ce-bc01-4195-bf5f-1ea2215b3a6f
  3. Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe: Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-windir-system32/61ccd9ce-bc01-4195-bf5f-1ea2215b3a6f
  4. Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows cannot find "%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe. Make sure you typed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find "%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe. Make sure you typed...: Windows cannot find "%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find/25510e39-38f7-4a68-9312-7817751f4f13
  6. Windows cannot find "%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe. Make sure you typed...

Windows cannot find "%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe. Make sure you typed...: Windows cannot find "%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find/25510e39-38f7-4a68-9312-7817751f4f13
  7. Help about the Windows cannot find windir system32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help about the Windows cannot find windir system32: Hello everyone, I'm a student of a college and I really need the help.I try to install the library for Python and I think I have changed the system. Such as the picture, I create a new file with a mane windir with path about the python39 and I think the error begin here.After...
  8. Help about the Windows cannot find windir system32

Help about the Windows cannot find windir system32: Hello everyone, I'm a student of a college and I really need the help.I try to install the library for Python and I think I have changed the system. Such as the picture, I create a new file with a mane windir with path about the python39 and I think the error begin here.After...
  9. Help about the Windows cannot find windir system32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\optionalfeatures.exe'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\optionalfeatures.exe': Hi, Since having someone update my laptop to Windows 10 from the pre installed Windows Vista Home Premium Home some time ago, I have lost full access to certain systems. For example, when trying to open the control panel I get an error msg that shows Windows cannot find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows could not find %windir%

2. windir not found in pc