Windows 10: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

Discus and support Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; all the time when I insert a USB stick get this error. every time I have to go into my computer-device manager- Universal Serial Bus Controllers -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chosmin, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Chosmin Win User

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

all the time when I insert a USB stick get this error. every time I have to go into my computer-device manager- Universal Serial Bus Controllers - Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host controller 1.0 and Uninstall - Restart Pc ...

I tried all the variants found on google .. iI go once and it does not work anymore that if I remove the stick and introduce another stick I have to take it from the beginning
    even microsoft can not solve this problem ?????

:)

Chosmin, Jun 29, 2019

2. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

i am unable to get my Win 10 to recognize my usb sticks or Photo sd cards. This shows in device manager Mass Storage usb..."Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code
    38)

This error happen after the automatic update to my win10. The error shows in device manager for USB Mass storage Device.

Before The Latest Update I had no problems with reading USB sticks or Photo sd cards

High Magic, Jun 29, 2019
  3. nalami Win User
    Windows 10: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory (Code 38)

hello! Maybe someone can help me, I have a question. When I installed windows 10 my webcam stopped working. So I followed some instructions how to fix it. In device manager I found my camera sensor and on the driver tab selected uninstall button (as it
    was said in the instruction), but I forgot to select "Delete the driver software for this device ". So when I scanned for hardware changes and tried to install new driver for my webcam it said:
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38). So now I can't find it and I don't even know where to search for it Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the... :). Maybe someone knows how to find it and uninstall
    completely?

Original Title: webcam

nalami, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

When I insert the USB stick getting an error "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)"

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

To fix Windows error code 38 is very similar to resolving various other driver errors that may occur. The first step that you should take in order to resolve this error is to restart your computer. To restart your PC, do the following:

• Click on the Start button in the lower left hand section of your screen.
    • Click on Shutdown.
    • Choose Restart.
    • Let the computer go through the process of rebooting.
    After you restart the computer, attempt to start the hardware again and see if the error returns. If there is no error message, you have resolved the problem. If the error code persists, you will need to take the next steps.

• Launch Device Manager on your computer.
    • Locate the device that is generating the error on the list of installed devices.
    • Click on the device to open the device Properties dialog box.
    • You need to click on the General Tab
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • The Troubleshooting Wizard will start working. Answer the questions asked in regard to the problem. It will provide some suggestions to fix. Answer any questions and follow the directions to resolve the problem.
    Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

1. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the... - Similar Threads - cannot load device

2. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: Hi,I completed a Windows Update and now I have my sound driverAAF Optimus Sound is coming up with this Code 39 error. I have tried restarting my PC, doing a System Restore back to before the Windows Update, uninstalling the drivers, etc.Looking for any solutions, thanks....
  3. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: cannot use my keyboard Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Object Name not found. "On line help point to registry changes but they are vague and not easy to follow. Any fixes please.Adarsh...
  4. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: cannot use my keyboard Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Object Name not found. "On line help point to registry changes but they are vague and not easy to follow. Any fixes please.Adarsh...
  5. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...: This is an issue that I onlt started having recently on both of my machines. One runs Windows 11 and the other Windows 10. It seems like it's only appeared recently, especially on my machine running Windows 11. Could it really be coincicence that i'm having the same issue on...
  6. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...: This is an issue that I onlt started having recently on both of my machines. One runs Windows 11 and the other Windows 10. It seems like it's only appeared recently, especially on my machine running Windows 11. Could it really be coincicence that i'm having the same issue on...
  7. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: When I plug my external DVD RW drive I got the message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 It does not show in Explorer but shows in device management with the error message. In Windows Setting under...
  8. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x. I got this code 39 error for my...
  9. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: I just got this problem yesterday and I still can't fix it.My mouse,keyboard and any USB device is working properly on other Computer.My PC can't detected my USB when after I plugged it.The is red light under the mouse but the cursor won't move.I have tried to update the...
  10. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: trying to connect webcam - this is the message on device manager. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Object Name not found. " On line help point to registry changes but they are vague and not easy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Device Id ROOT\DISPLAY\0000