Windows 10: Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38

Discus and support Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When external devices like printers, scanners, etc. are connected to a Windows 10 system, the device either pushes the drivers through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 14, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38

WinClub, Mar 14, 2019

2. Seagate will not work in Windows 10 (Code 38) device driver problem

Hi Jeff,

Code 38 error code appears on your system, when Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.

For your future reference, you could resolve Code 38 error code by running hardware troubleshooter and by performing a system restart.

Thank you for updating with the issue status. Good to know the issue is fixed.

Safely remove hardware is still available in Windows 10. You will get this option, when the USB device is connected properly and Windows can detect it. To use this option you have to go to the notification area click on the arrow it will list you the connected
    external devices, right click on the device you want to remove and select Safe to remove hardware.

You can also could right click on the external hard drive or external USB device from file explorer and click on "Eject" option to safely remove the hardware on your system.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 WAN Miniport Code 38

Hi,

Code 45

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    This error occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected. To resolve this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

No resolution is necessary. This error code is only used to indicate the disconnected status of the device and does not require you to resolve it. The error code resolves automatically when you connect the associated device to the computer.

Additional information

If Device Manager is started with the environment variable

DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES
    set to 1 (which means show these devices), any previously attached (NONPRESENT) devices are displayed in the device list and assigned this error code.

Code 38

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)
    The driver could not be loaded because a previous instance is still loaded. Restart the computer.

Use the Troubleshooting Wizard

If you have not already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, do so now.

• In the device's Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
    • Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
    • Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.
    Restart your computer

Click Start, click Shut Down, and then select
    Restart
    in the Shut Down Windows dialog box to restart the computer.

As you are using VPN I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet
    forum which is better suited for the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

i am unable to get my Win 10 to recognize my usb sticks or Photo sd cards. This shows in device manager Mass Storage usb..."Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code
    38)

This error happen after the automatic update to my win10. The error shows in device manager for USB Mass storage Device.

Before The Latest Update I had no problems with reading USB sticks or Photo sd cards

High Magic, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38

1. Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38 - Similar Threads - cannot load Device

2. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  3. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  4. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  6. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  7. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  8. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: When I plug my external DVD RW drive I got the message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 It does not show in Explorer but shows in device management with the error message. In Windows Setting under...
  9. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x. I got this code 39 error for my...
  10. windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio

windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio: So, My son got the BSOD where he couldn't select the language, so I reformatted and reinstalled a clean version of win 10. Now, under device manager I get 2 heading of HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CONTROLLER with both having a yellow exclamation point. When I click on, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wudfrd

2. Windows cannot load the device drivers for this hardware

3. HP envy The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load