Windows 10: Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

Discus and support Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joann Matias, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified in the unattend answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting references a valid partition and restart the installation."I have already attempted some of the simpler solutions, yet I assume I will need to code somehow, which I'm not particularly proficient with.I'm running a Ventura 13.1 MacOS.

:)

Joann Matias, Feb 1, 2023

2. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified in the unattend answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting references a valid partition and restart the installation."

I have already attempted some of the simpler solutions, yet I assume I will need to code somehow, which I'm not particularly proficient with.

I'm running a Ventura 13.1 MacOS.

Joann Matias, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

This error message occurs when the unattended answer file (unattend.xml) used by the Windows installation process is unable to locate the specified disk and partition.

To resolve this issue, try the following steps:

1. Open Disk Utility and make sure that the Windows partition is formatted as NTFS.

2. Connect to the Internet and boot into MacOS.

3. Launch Boot Camp Assistant, select "Create a Windows install disk" and follow the prompts to create a new Windows installation media.

4. Boot into the Windows installation media and start the installation process.

When prompted, select the appropriate disk and partition for the Windows installation and proceed with the installation.

If the issue will persist, take time to check this video reference.

Let me know the update on this issue.

Regards.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before downloading and installing it.

Nicole Aljecera, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

I can't complete step one, given that there is no Windows/Bootcamp partition until after I attempt downloading the Windows ISO file and it boots me out.

From there, the only option Boot Camp Assistant gives it to delete it and retry the download, which automatically deletes the Bootcamp partition.

Should I instead manually create one?

Joann Matias, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

1. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified... - Similar Threads - cannot locate disc

2. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...: After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified in the unattend answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting...
  3. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...: After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified in the unattend answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting...
  4. Disc Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc Partition: Hi I am extremely confused by disc partitions - new PC.Windows 11 Home installed - I have literally hardly any space on C drive and need to utilise D drive or my external hard drive? Please can anyone advise me on how extend C drive in simple terms. I have moved what I can...
  5. Disc Partition

Disc Partition: Hi I am extremely confused by disc partitions - new PC.Windows 11 Home installed - I have literally hardly any space on C drive and need to utilise D drive or my external hard drive? Please can anyone advise me on how extend C drive in simple terms. I have moved what I can...
  6. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...
  7. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...
  8. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. The specified network location cannot be used

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The specified network location cannot be used: Hi,I'm trying to backup my windows 10 laptop to my Synology NAS but when I try to use the old windows 7 backup I get the error message:The specified network location cannot be usedI know the path and credentials are correct as I've also set up the new windows 10 backup file...
  10. location is not on this disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    location is not on this disc: everytime i try to open a file or video it gets deleted or moved to recycle bin and i receive the message location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-on-this-disc/26ee8570-9afd-468d-8837-b6ffb6a87975"