Windows 10: Windows cannot locate the scanner in my Canon Printer. It tells me I need to connect it,...

Discus and support Windows cannot locate the scanner in my Canon Printer. It tells me I need to connect it,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows is telling me I need to connect my scanner to the computer to use it. BUT it IS connected and Windows lists it under the Cannon printer. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by my name is arbitus, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Windows cannot locate the scanner in my Canon Printer. It tells me I need to connect it,...

Windows is telling me I need to connect my scanner to the computer to use it. BUT it IS connected and Windows lists it under the Cannon printer. When I click on scan it gives me a message that says I need to connect it to the computer.

:)

my name is arbitus, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Blackink Win User

Canon PIXMA MX472 All-in-One - Scanner did not install

Like the previous poster suggested, unplug the USB cable from the printer and turn off the printer.
    Start the installation of the drivers, watch the install windows VERY CAREFULLY as there will be instructions as to when you need to plug the USB cable into the printer and turn the printer on.
    I ran into this exact scenario when I installed my printer after a Windows 10 Pro install (1909).
    The printer ran fine but when I tried to use the scanner, no dice...
    Printer is Canon MG6820.

The only other thing I can suggest if that doesn't work is to turn your firewall off, turn off any anti-virus software, and then do the driver installation again following the install windows VERY CAREFULLY.
    I had to do that step on a Windows 7 Pro PC in order for the scanner to work.

EDIT: Follow this link to see where I asked for help: Solved: MG6820 can't scan from the Operation Panel... - Canon Community

Good Luck.

Blackink, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Can't connect a Canon LIDE 210 Scanner

GM ! I have a new Lenovo desktop computer, and it recognizes my HP Envy Photo 7155 printer, and it prints fine.

The problem is it does not see or recognize my Canon Scanner. It is an older scanner, and it is connected by USB. I had no problem scanning or copying, etc. with the Canon scanner with the old computer running Windows 7. Any suggestions ? Thank You !

JosephWalilko, Mar 28, 2021
  4. KRBaker Win User

Windows cannot locate the scanner in my Canon Printer. It tells me I need to connect it,...

Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Windows (10) does not appear to recognize my printer+scanner combo (Canon MP240) as a scanner. I have used it without issue as a printer, but when I try to scan (using the Windows Scan app, as suggested), the screen only shows "To get started, connect
    a scanner."

I have tried downloading a driver from the Canon website, but there isn't one for this printer.

KRBaker, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows cannot locate the scanner in my Canon Printer. It tells me I need to connect it,...

1. Windows cannot locate the scanner in my Canon Printer. It tells me I need to connect it,... - Similar Threads - cannot locate scanner

2. I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as...: I can't connect to my scanner. Printer connects. Canon Support said to call HP Support as it is a firewall issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-my-scanner-printer-connects/d75ada69-0326-42af-bd4e-b8cbbb659f8f
  3. Windows Scan is telling me to connect a scanner when it's already connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Scan is telling me to connect a scanner when it's already connected: I have an HP Photosmart C8100. I have been using windows 10 scan app to do some scanning. Suddenly the scan app is telling me that "To get started, connect a scanner". The scanner C8100 is connected and I can print a test page. I have tried uninstalling the C8100 and...
  4. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  5. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  6. My Canon MX420 printer/scanner problem

My Canon MX420 printer/scanner problem: I have been using my printer /scanner for some time and have ben able to scan, but for some reason now it is not finding my scanner as part of my printer, I hit the scan button on my printer, it says hit k on my pc but it doesn't find my scanner, I have done an update to the...
  7. My canon scanner/printer stopped working

My canon scanner/printer stopped working: My Canon MG6220 Printer /scanner stopped working after windows update. Helpppp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-scannerprinter-stopped-working/aac933d7-f3ce-4f96-ba4a-2000b6695490
  8. Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer

Cannot wirelessly connect to my Canon printer: Cannot connect to my Canon MF4880 printer wirelessly on my PC with Windows 10 but have no problem with iPad. I've tried multiple times over maybe a year or more to no success. If I want to print from my PC, I have to connect by USB then set up printer in wired connection....
  9. I cannot print with my Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot print with my Canon Printer: I cannot print with my Canon Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-print-with-my-canon-printer/ebccee43-1724-47aa-9e0b-1887e835be12
  10. Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier

Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier: Hi Yesterday I went to scan a document and was presented with an error telling me that I did not have permission to access that file. I tried a few things and installed the Microsoft APP which worked and I managed to get the scan done. I decided to investigate the issue...