Windows 10: Windows cannot log you into your account

Discus and support Windows cannot log you into your account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Has anyone discovered the definitive reason Windows cannot log you into your account following the automatic / manual installation of updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hitbit_3, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Hitbit_3 Win User

Windows cannot log you into your account

Hi All,

Has anyone discovered the definitive reason Windows cannot log you into your account following the automatic / manual installation of updates which ultimately results in having to uninstall the updates and suffer any damage they leave in their wake. I am not seeking assistance with trying to resolve this issue as I have tried all the start in safe modes restart system 20 times disable anti virus firewalls etc. I am simply trying to discover if anyone knows why Windows cannot log me in when every other Microsoft/Windows site, programme, shop etc can log me in with the exact same credentials rejected by Windows following updates.

Thanks,

hitbit

:)

Hitbit_3, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows cannot log you into your account :(

Zakin, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows cannot log you into your account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot log you into your account

1. Windows cannot log you into your account - Similar Threads - cannot log account

2. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to Windows account: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. When I enter my credentials, it says "signing in" and immediately signs out. I cannot see the desktop. The event log shows the following error: The User Data Access_22a7cb7 service terminated with the following error: Class not...
  3. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Windows account: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. When I enter my credentials, it says "signing in" and immediately signs out. I cannot see the desktop. The event log shows the following error: The User Data Access_22a7cb7 service terminated with the following error: Class not...
  4. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "We can't sign in to your account","Preparing Window" and "You are logging in with a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "We can't sign in to your account","Preparing Window" and "You are logging in with a...: So i met all of them one day after i update to Window 10 21H1.I tried many way and it still hopeless,Safemode seem not to do anything, i have no anti virus except for window security and i installed nothing since 5 months ago.Confusing and can't access to my file and i think...
  6. Cannot log into account

Cannot log into account: I have forgotten my PIN to access my account. The reset phone number I had listed was wrong so I tried to change it but have now found it takes 30 days for this to take effect. I can get access to the old phone number so would like to go back to trying this, but get the...
  7. Cannot Sign In To Your Account - Log On With A Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Sign In To Your Account - Log On With A Temporary Profile: Hi, I started using Windows 10 around MAY2020. There are constantly updates. Until recently, probably SEP or OCT2020, after some updates, there is this "temporary profile" issue causing me not being able to bookmark website and change display settings. First, I used my...
  8. Blue Screen- We can't log you into your account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen- We can't log you into your account": Split from this thread. where is the windows 10 live chat I am receiving the "We can't log you in to our account" blue screen on my computer. Have tried removing last update, but that did not solve the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!...
  9. Receiving we cannot sign you into your account error

Receiving we cannot sign you into your account error: Please Read Okay so I have had this laptop for a few years and for a while I have had an issue where my WIFI would cut out regularly for no reason. However two days ago I did an HP update and the next day when I turned on my laptop a bunch of error messages popped saying "we...
  10. You’ll be automatically logged into Chrome when you log into your Google account

in Windows 10 News
    You’ll be automatically logged into Chrome when you log into your Google account: Google Chrome 69 comes with the much-needed UI improvements but there is a feature that you may not like. The latest version of Google’s popular web browser signs you into the browser automatically when you log into your Google account or any Google service such as Gmail. As...