Windows 10: Windows cannot parse the answer file's <diskconfiguration> setting

Discus and support Windows cannot parse the answer file's setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying an unattended windows 10 install using an XML answer file, for now I tried booting a Virtual Machine (both with Virtualbox and libvirt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joeten, Jan 18, 2021.

1. joeten Win User

Windows cannot parse the answer file's setting

I'm trying an unattended windows 10 install using an XML answer file, for now I tried booting a Virtual Machine (both with Virtualbox and libvirt Qemu/KVM) using an official ISO file, edited by adding the attached Autounattend.xml. Target virtual disk is set to SATA and allocated with 30GB of size, it should be enough.

The install process seems to start right. But after a while it returns the error reported in the above topic title.
    After reading this ms docs page, I can't find any differences between my xml file and the one in the section <DiskConfiguration> of the sample of that page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...5702(v=win.10)

Could you take a look at my attachment and help me to find the issue?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Cheers!

:)

joeten, Jan 18, 2021

2. I'm getting Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file at boot

I'm getting error Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file C:\windows\panther\unattend.xml at boot

GregorySacchet, Jan 18, 2021
  3. TomKeeney Win User
    Can't install Windows 10 error "Windows could not parse of process the unattended answers file for pass"

Original Title - Can't install Windows 10

I have tried to install The Windows 10 upgrade six times. Each time it stops at 40% in the install phase and prints the following error message:

"Windows could not parse of process the unattended answers file for pass [specialize]. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup]".

There is no error number associated with the message but when I check the installation history I see either error code 80240020 or c1900101-30018 associated with the failure. c1900101-30018 is the most common and the most recent. I am running Windows 8.1
    upgraded from Windows 8 on a 64 bit system custom made by a local supplier.

Any suggestions?

TomKeeney, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Windows cannot parse the answer file's setting

I'm getting Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file at boot

Hello,

Please refer this fix:

https://www.kapilarya.com/windows-could-not-par...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP, so it is safe.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows cannot parse the answer file's setting

1. Windows cannot parse the answer file's setting - Similar Threads - cannot parse answer

2. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file: new gaming pc build try to download windows 11 from windows 11 with product key. windows setup message pops up when turning pc on. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file. how do I down load my windows 11 software on my new pc build. note...
  3. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file: new gaming pc build try to download windows 11 from windows 11 with product key. windows setup message pops up when turning pc on. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file. how do I down load my windows 11 software on my new pc build. note...
  4. File format module cannot parse the file in Adobe Photoshop

in Windows 10 News
    File format module cannot parse the file in Adobe Photoshop: [ATTACH]When users try to open a file in PhotoShop, they encounter an error that stops them from accessing or editing the file. This error message often comes when the file is corrupted or incompatible. Following is the exact error message that the user sees. Could not...
  5. Windows Explorer does not parse files/folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer does not parse files/folders: Hello, I've noticed that when I do right mouse button on a file or folder, windows explorer becomes very slow. It takes 30 seconds to get a popup menu. Further on, if the files are on onedrive /synced sharepoint folder/ I cannot parse them with explorer, but I can parse...
  6. Is it possible to parse File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to parse File Explorer?: Hello, If this is not the correct subreddit, I apologize and ask for guidance towards the proper page. I am trying to parse through similarly named folders to extract certain word documents, copy/paste them elsewhere for further organization. These folders appear on my...
  7. Parsing error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Parsing error: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 and I have started to get the following error message "Error Parsing C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config Parser returned error 0x8004005." Can you please help me....
  8. Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration

Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration: Hi, i have big problem with deploying Win 10 v1809 with WDS. I configured WDS. Everything works until i get to the screen, where i have to select my Windows destination. With my xml i wanted to do this automatically. but there is no wipe of the disk and there is no...
  9. I'm getting Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file at boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm getting Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file at boot: I'm getting error Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file C:\windows\panther\unattend.xml at boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-windows-could-not-parse-or-process/9846f07e-b89a-4465-ac40-ae2d20097ba0
  10. Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass...

Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass...: My manufacturer gave me images and scripts that deploy image in notebook. I installed Win10 in it but it got an error during setup. I found out that it caused by Unattend.xml file. Some said that it solved the problem by removing the component line but i'm unsure if it is...