Windows 10: Windows cannot read template information errors domain controllers in local security policy

Discus and support Windows cannot read template information errors domain controllers in local security policy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have upgraded windows server 2008 to windows server 2016 and 2012. After upgrade we are getting issues in local policy, Windows cannot read... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SHAIKHRIZWAN, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Windows cannot read template information errors domain controllers in local security policy

We have upgraded windows server 2008 to windows server 2016 and 2012. After upgrade we are getting issues in local policy, Windows cannot read template information. Also can't export or import from member server. On member servers it's working fine. Only domain controllers are affected. Almost 30-35 servers.

Tried in place upgrade and full format also, works ok till DC promotion, after dc is promoted below issue start.

We have different domains and all domains are getting same issue. Only able to read User rights assignments.

Checked for any group policy override issue, none found.

Windows cannot read template information errors domain controllers in local security policy 58f7a7cb-2db4-45f3-9f06-c949f68cf428?upload=true.png

:)

SHAIKHRIZWAN, Jan 28, 2020
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 28, 2020
  4. nProf78 Win User

Windows cannot read template information errors domain controllers in local security policy

Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations.

There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates.

My questions :

What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ?

Why couldn't I find same windows setting group policy on administrative templates ?

How to make windows settings exportable like admx template ?

nProf78, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot read template information errors domain controllers in local security policy

1. Windows cannot read template information errors domain controllers in local security policy - Similar Threads - cannot read template

2. How to adjust template for shortcuts: local policy and/or AD Group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to adjust template for shortcuts: local policy and/or AD Group policy: The default behavior is that when I create a shortcut to 'documents', for example, it makes the shortcut "Documents - Shortcut".Is there a policy somewhere that I can set that modifies this behavior?I've looked and searched but the terms to search are ambiguous and provide...
  3. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  4. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  5. Policy Template Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Policy Template Error: I got this popup when opening the Group Policy Editor. what's wrong?? [img] This is the start of the file WPN.admx. Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation --> <policyDefinitions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"...
  6. Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates: When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations. There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates. My questions : What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ? Why...
  7. Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates: When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations. There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates. My questions : What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ? Why...
  8. local security policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security policies: i am unable to find local policies . i have tried gpedit.msc or secpol.msc but an error message occures every time . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-policies/a1fcf504-90ad-4780-a8c1-8afd19e7e6e0
  9. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...
  10. Cannot find Local Security Policy on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find Local Security Policy on Windows 10: Hi. May i know how to find Local security Policy on Windows 10? I have try to search for Local Security Policy from the search box and also try to run secpol.msc from run dialog box, and it shows that windows cannot find 'secpol.msc'. Really hope for help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot read template information