Windows 10: Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot.

Discus and support Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a simple network at my flat with a Laptop and Desktop both running windows 10 pro. The laptop can remember my settings but not my desktop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sludgeguts, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot.

I have a simple network at my flat with a Laptop and Desktop both running windows 10 pro.

The laptop can remember my settings but not my desktop.
    I have folder shares set up on both machines but in order to share contents I have to reset my network
    on my desktop, reboot and click yes when asked if I want other machines to see my desktop. When the machine
    reboots. (The desktop) the shares are forgotten again. I have noticed this since the latest windows update.

:)

Sludgeguts, Sep 3, 2019

2. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Hi Rik,

We value your time and so we want to avoid repeating troubleshooting steps that were already performed. Kindly share with us the troubleshooting steps that you have done from your end.

In the mean time, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems. Refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Change your network settings, click on Network troubleshooter.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Sep 3, 2019
  4. FLY3R Win User

Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot.

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot. :)

FLY3R, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot.

1. Windows cannot remember Network settings on reboot. - Similar Threads - cannot remember Network

2. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  3. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  4. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I set a password that I cannot remember but the picture password is not working on windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set a password that I cannot remember but the picture password is not working on windows...: I set a password that I cannot remember but the picture password is not working on Windows 11, please advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-set-a-password-that-i-cannot-remember-but-the/23b776f6-8477-4ab0-af22-1b790c155e4c
  6. Cannot open network settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network settings windows 10: I see this question has been asked before and is now closed. The advice given appears to be the same as that offered from a search however none of the suggestions have worked for me. I cannot access the network settings by any possible route to change the network, I just get...
  7. Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings: I'm running 1909 No matter what I do, it just won't work! I tried: View: List Sort By: Date Modified Properties -> Customize -> Optimize Folder for General, including subfolders. I also tried: View -> Options -> Change folder and search options -> View -> Reset...
  8. windows doesn't remember appearance setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows doesn't remember appearance setting: Hello, i am running on Windows 10 PRO 64 bit, on user without admin privilegies. If i change appearance setting to custom, after next restart, it changes to default. I don't have nosave dword in registry to delete. Google found this as only solution. No idea what to do...
  9. Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot remember Last Hidden Wifi Network: I use the router TL-MR3420 setting the hidden wifi network network address: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.0.1 + Windows 7 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK + Windows 10 64bit connect to the wifi network: OK But I change the network address : network...
  10. Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Does Not Remember Window Sizes on Reboot or Restart: After latest Win10 updates, it does not remember the sizes or locations of windows that I intentionally left open when shutting down or restarting. Does anyone know how this non-techie can make it remember? 68231