Windows 10: Windows cannot start new hardware device, Error Code 49

Discus and support Windows cannot start new hardware device, Error Code 49 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The Windows Registry includes a System Hive, which is the core part of Windows. Windows OS store tons of settings, options, and configurations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 10, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows cannot start new hardware device, Error Code 49

WinClub, Nov 10, 2018
  2. StefanM Win User

Alienware R4 M290x Code 43 HELP

Advice from Microsoft: Graphics device driver error code 43

StefanM, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Windows cannot start new hardware device, Error Code 49

Error 10 (device doesn't start) while trying to load a VCP to a USB serial converter on Windows 10

HI Joost,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the USB device on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this issue specific to the device (Are you able to connect any other device to your computer)?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message along with Error 10?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks
    for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft support article, refer to the section Error code: 10, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to download and install the pending updates on your computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot start new hardware device, Error Code 49

1. Windows cannot start new hardware device, Error Code 49 - Similar Threads - cannot start hardware

2. Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10: I am currently using windows 11 on my laptop and having issues with Bluetooth connections. I have an error code 10 for the Bluetooth hid device and says that it cannot start. anyone know any solutions?Thank you!Original title: Bluetooth hid device...
  3. Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10: I am currently using windows 11 on my laptop and having issues with Bluetooth connections. I have an error code 10 for the Bluetooth hid device and says that it cannot start. anyone know any solutions?Thank you!Original title: Bluetooth hid device...
  4. Fix Error Code 19, Windows cannot start this hardware device

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error Code 19, Windows cannot start this hardware device: [ATTACH]In this article, we are going to discuss methods to fix Device Manager Error Code 19 in Windows 11/10. The error code 19 is one of the Device Manager Error Codes in Windows 10 and one of the main reasons for this error to occur is an incorrect device configuration in...
  5. This device cannot start. (code 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This device cannot start. (code 10): While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself. After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my keyboard wasnt working. Booting it up takes longer now. There is a yellow triangle next to to the Standard PS/2 Keyboard in...
  6. Device Cannot Start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Cannot Start Code 10.: Hi guys. Need some help. My Bose Soundtouch speaker had worked away quite happily for 2 years now all of a sudden nothing from my laptop will play through the speaker. After much messing about, i found the above warning against the speaker in Device Manager. As for fixing...
  7. Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When external devices like printers, scanners, etc. are connected to a Windows 10 system, the device either pushes the drivers through the USB (or any other post), or the user is expected to install the drivers through an external media. [...] This post...
  8. this device cannot start (code 10)

this device cannot start (code 10): I have tried lots of repair advices without resolving the problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10/142326f7-1a73-4c35-9fd3-984700c81ded
  9. Windows cannot start this hardware device... (Code 19)

Windows cannot start this hardware device... (Code 19): So I get the error "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" in device manager for all portable devices even though I'm sat here with an external HDD copying data just fine. This...
  10. Error code 10 (This device cannot start)

Error code 10 (This device cannot start): Hello, I have been trying to fix this error for the past few hours with no luck. Having this error with my ADATA UV150 32GB USB flash drive. The laptop I am using is Lenovo ideapad 100S (14). The things I have tried: obviously restarting the pc; switching between all...