Windows 10: windows cannot switch user after trying to run the media creation tool

Discus and support windows cannot switch user after trying to run the media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, I have a 2 year old laptop that stopped working 3 weeks back. It seems like it's missing certain dll's and after looking at the forums, it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by slukose, Feb 21, 2021.

1. slukose Win User

windows cannot switch user after trying to run the media creation tool

HI,

I have a 2 year old laptop that stopped working 3 weeks back. It seems like it's missing certain dll's and after looking at the forums, it was advised to run the DISM repair. Which I did and it went thru multiple restarts and it came back saying it encountered an error and it reverted back all the changes and back to where it was before. I been trying to troubleshoot this for a week and in one of the forum, it asked me to check if I have the capability to create a user.

I login to the command prompt with admin privilege and ran the command and it created a 'test' user. Since it created the user, I stopped that troubleshoot right there and went thru different forums and I was not getting any breakthrough for my initial error.

Yesterday I reboot my machine and I went to login as the new user 'test'; not knowing that I was getting into a bigger problem!! I was able to login as test user and not being an admin user, I was very limited to most of the functions. So logged off and tried to login back to the admin user that I was using before. It never let me login to that ADMIN user!! It always stays on the 'test' user login. I can see both users at the bottom left corner. It only let me login as 'test' user. I tried all the forums and I don't know how to get switch back to the admin user.

Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance

slukose

:)

slukose, Feb 21, 2021

2. Media creation tool will not run

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform a clean boot. Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the
    article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Method 2: Click the link below and Run the media creation tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 21, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User
    Media Creation Tool question

Just mount iso as a drive and run setup.exe - most reliable method.

cereberus, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. windows cannot switch user after trying to run the media creation tool - Similar Threads - cannot switch user

2. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run media creation tool after downloading: Can't run media creation tool after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-media-creation-tool-after-downloading/9ef69cca-cf48-4e46-96a1-71fa85b624f2
  3. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run media creation tool after downloading: Can't run media creation tool after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-media-creation-tool-after-downloading/9ef69cca-cf48-4e46-96a1-71fa85b624f2
  4. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. media Creation Tool won't run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media Creation Tool won't run: Hi gentlemen, I am nursing a new laptop again, with win 10 v.1909 on it. After running into problems with HELLO and Passwords ,I thought I had cured those problems by a system reset. But after a few deadends, an upgrade (which my pc would not acknowledge) to 2004 was...
  6. "Media Creation Tool" Not Running

"Media Creation Tool" Not Running: I have Windows7 on my desktop. I have purchased a Windows10 digital licence from microsoft store. In order to install windows 10 I followed the link came from microsoft that it took me to download the "MediaCreationTool2004". After download I can't "RUN" it and it won't open....
  7. unable to run media creation tool

unable to run media creation tool: [ATTACH]unable to install windows 10 on my laptop. i already install media creation tool 4 times, and all the time the program wont run at all. The only things pop up is this...
  8. Cannot login - media creation tool will not run

Cannot login - media creation tool will not run: Hi I reinstalled windows 10 and had a small problem with login. I made a change in the user account and now it will not accept my microsoft login password. I have changed the microsoft login (successfully) about 4 times without success. I downloaded the media creation tool...
  9. Media Creation Tool will not run

Media Creation Tool will not run: The Media Creation Tool will NOT run at all on my Windows 7 Ultimate desktop and my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1. When I try to run it, nothing happens after clicking the message that allows it run. I know it does not start immediately but I have successfully run it on...
  10. trying to update by media creation tool

trying to update by media creation tool: trying to update by media creation tool downloaded ok and created iso dvd. on running i cannot keep personal files and apps it says you cannot keep windows setting, personal files and apps because you have chosen to install windows 10 using a different language to the one...