Windows 10: windows cannot update system reserved partion

Discus and support windows cannot update system reserved partion in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows won't update system reserved partition. how do i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bruiser83, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Bruiser83 Win User

windows cannot update system reserved partion

windows won't update system reserved partition. how do i fix this?

:)

Bruiser83, Sep 29, 2018

2. I cannot update to windows 10. I get a could not update sytem reserved partion.

I cannot update to windows 10. I get a could not update sytem reserved partion. I have windows 7 Home Premium.

MichaelArend, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Update the system reserved partition

Hi, i've downloaded the x64 Media creation tool and it downloads windows 10 blah blah and then it does all this stuff and then brings me to a screen saying

"This PC can't run windows 10"

"We couldn't update system reserved partion"

What do I do?

Mirza Hrustanovic, Sep 29, 2018
  4. windows cannot update system reserved partion

Anthony Gal, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

windows cannot update system reserved partion

1. windows cannot update system reserved partion - Similar Threads - cannot update system

2. Extending System Partion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending System Partion: Hi, my client's laptop has a large unallocated partition that I would like to use to extend the system C: partition.There is very limited free space on the system partition.Can you recommend a utility that can boot from USB to extend the partition.Thanks!...
  3. Extending System Partion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending System Partion: Hi, my client's laptop has a large unallocated partition that I would like to use to extend the system C: partition.There is very limited free space on the system partition.Can you recommend a utility that can boot from USB to extend the partition.Thanks!...
  4. System and Recovery Partion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Recovery Partion: Few Days ago i mistakenly deleted my OS and had to clean install windows 11. I got a DELL device and i found that Dell preinstalled apps were missing, i somehow managed to get back MY DELL and DELL SUPPORT ASSIST but still don't have DELL OS RECOVERY.Today i noticed my disk...
  5. System and Recovery Partion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Recovery Partion: Few Days ago i mistakenly deleted my OS and had to clean install windows 11. I got a DELL device and i found that Dell preinstalled apps were missing, i somehow managed to get back MY DELL and DELL SUPPORT ASSIST but still don't have DELL OS RECOVERY.Today i noticed my disk...
  6. No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update: Hi, Whenever I try to look for updates through the Windows update program, It says my PC is up to date. However, My PC is still on build 1909. Updating through the media creation tool with an ISO gives the error "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Looking at...
  7. reinstalled win10 on new drive & cant see system reserved partion.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalled win10 on new drive & cant see system reserved partion.: Background. My old HD (disk 0) is looking faulty so I installed a new drive (disk 1) and did fresh win10 install. I left Disk 0 in PC to test/reformat etc. I now want to partition new C: drive so I have a separate smaller boot partition for cloning/ win reinstall but am...
  8. Why Won't Samsung Data Migration Clone The System Reserve Partion?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why Won't Samsung Data Migration Clone The System Reserve Partion?: As a part of my maintenance I always clone my SSD periodically to an identical Samsung SSD. I just did so on my new WIN 10 desktop. While the clone works fine its missing the 450mg System Reserve/Recovery Partition (SRP). This was not an issue in WIN 7and I use the same USB3...
  9. Why Won't Samsung Magician Clone The System Reserve Partion?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why Won't Samsung Magician Clone The System Reserve Partion?: As a part of my maintenance I always clone my SSD periodically to an identical Samsung SSD. I just did so on my new WIN 10 desktop. While the clone works fine its missing the 450mg System Reserve Partition (SRP). This was not an issue in WIN 7and I use the same USB3 to SATA...
  10. System Reserved Partion on MBR Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Reserved Partion on MBR Disk: I just noticed, after over almost 2 years with Win10, that my system disk (MBR) has a System Reserved partition. I had thought that didn't happen on an MBR disk. Is it needed and can I remove it? Thank you. 79902