Windows 10: Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

Discus and support Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; laptop is a Dell 3580 getting this when trying to update to windows 20h2 drive is gpt and efi partition has 80 megs of free space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jean-pierreErasmus, May 23, 2021.

1. Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

laptop is a Dell 3580 getting this when trying to update to windows 20h2 drive is gpt and efi partition has 80 megs of free space

:)

Jean-pierreErasmus, May 23, 2021
  2. 10fused Win User

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware

Well, after deleting the partition per the most recent thread, it changed the BIOS settings.

Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware [​IMG]

Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware [​IMG]

10fused, May 23, 2021
  3. Cannot upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

You do not have a GPT partition table.

"When you deploy Windows to a UEFI-based device, you must format the hard drive that includes the Windows partition by using a GUID partition table (GPT) file system. Additional drives may use either the GPT or the master boot record (MBR) file format."

To reinstall windows, you will need to delete all the partitions on your drive, and install on the unallocated drive, that way windows can make its own partitions it needs to run.

Goosebumps, May 23, 2021
  4. Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

It would help the discussion to know, when did you see the message: "Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware."? How did that message come about? Was this a result
    of Windows Update trying to upgrade from 10240 to a newer version of Windows?

Don Cuthbert, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

1. Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware - Similar Threads - can't installed has

2. Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware...: Trying to update Windows via "Update & Security", but I can't get pass the UEFI error:"Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware".System Information > Bios Mode: UEFIBoot device: HarddiskVolume1Disk 0 / Online / Size 1863 GB /...
  3. Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware...: Trying to update Windows via "Update & Security", but I can't get pass the UEFI error:"Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware".System Information > Bios Mode: UEFIBoot device: HarddiskVolume1Disk 0 / Online / Size 1863 GB /...
  4. Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware.: I've been trying to update my pc to win 11 but I'm unable to do so and I don't know what to do know. I tried using a media creation tool of win11 and also updating on windows update the photo, when I enter pc Health check it says that everything is ok to update, so I'm a bit...
  6. Windows 11 can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware.: I've been trying to update my pc to win 11 but I'm unable to do so and I don't know what to do know. I tried using a media creation tool of win11 and also updating on windows update the photo, when I enter pc Health check it says that everything is ok to update, so I'm a bit...
  7. Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware: I wasn't able to update my windows because it stated that the disk layout was unsupported. I have 1903 but have no idea what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsupported-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware/5db915ea-310f-48ea-9fad-6dd8b0409a91
  8. Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware: My PC failed to update windows 10 version 1903, showing the problem like my subject. Wonder how I can update my system (I'm also still using windows 10, version 1803 now)....
  9. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware: 1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I have to make it a GPT? 110420
  10. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware: BIOS is set to boot Legacy. Here are the two prior threads getting me from being patently annoyed with 1703 being chronically hung on a quality update to where I am now. The first one is a long read and the summary is, lots of trainwreckage, machine boots in Legacy....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot be installed because this pc has an unsupported disk layout for uefi